DBSTalk Weekend DVD Giveaway

Discussion in 'DBSTalk.com Contests Forum (Closed Forum)' started by Mark Holtz, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Just like Survivor when Mark Burnett likes to shake things up each show, I've decided to shake things up here.

[size=+3]DBSTalk Weekend DVD Giveaway[/size]
    Conducted by Mark Holtz

[size=+1]Win one of the following DVDs:[/size]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All are presented in their original aspect ratio. Galaxy Quest is the Dolby Digital version, and has slightly different cover art. The Incredibles was just released Tuesday North By Northwest is in the "snapper", not keep case. Spirited Away won best animated Oscar. Total Recall has a different DVD cover that what is shown here, but is the special edition. Witch Hunter Robin is part of a good anime series.

[size=+1]SPECIAL RULES FOR THIS CONTEST ONLY:[/size]
    • The weekend will run aproximately 51 hours from aproximately 12:01 AM Eastern Time Saturday Morning until 11:59PM Pacific Time Sunday Evening.
    • Because this is a two-day contest instead of the usual one day, there will be two winners instead of one.
    • Because I only have one copy of each DVD, there will be two different titles awarded.
    How to enter the contest
    1. A link will be provided to Deep Space Franchise (which is operated by DBS Talk Moderator Mark Holtz). You will fill out a on-line form with your DBS Talk name, your actual name and address for shipping out your prize, a selection of the prize, and whether the prize should be sent to you or donated to the troops in Iraq. Address can be a PO Box or even a work address.
    2. SUSPENDED FOR THIS CONTEST ONLY-The day will run approximately 27 hours from around midnight Eastern time until around midnight Pacific time.
    3. MODIFIED FOR THIS CONTEST ONLY-A random drawing will be performed, and one person will be drawn. Any unawarded prizes will be held for future contests. No substitution of prizes. Unless otherwise noted, all DVDs are shipped in their original shink wrap packaging with security labels. However, the DVDs will be shipped "as-is" without warranty or playability on a DVD player.
    4. Prize will be shipped out via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation. A USPS delivery confirmation number will be sent via personal message and/or e-mail.
    5. If selected and the prize selected is "No DVD", then no prize will be awarded.
    6. If the winner of the DVD elects to have the DVD shipped "to the troops", then it will be part of a care package that is currently being collected for shipment to troops overseas. Shipment date to be announced.
    7. Once shipped, DBSTalk is not responsible for any lost or misdirected mail.
    8. Once the drawing is held, all entries will be discarded.
    9. All DBSTalk.com contest participants are required to be registered members of DBSTalk.com in good standing to enter the contest. DBS Talk staff members are allowed to participate in this contest. While participants from around the world are allowed to play, prizes will be only awarded to residents of the United States.
    10. The “DBS Talk Weekend DVD Giveaway” is run by DBS Talk. It is not affiliated with DirecTV, Dish Network, Voom, Sky Angel, it’s dealers or affiliates, or any studio or distributing company.
    11. All rules concerning game play are subject to modification. If modification of the rules becomes necessary, the rule changes will be posted at DBSTalk.com.
    12. Winners of any DBSTalk.com contests are eligible to win only one time in every 12 month period. Second place finisher may continue to enter. Winners of the “DBSTalk Weekend DVD Giveaway” will be considered second place finishers for purposes determining eligibility for current and/or future DBSTalk contests.
    13. Odds of winning is solely dependent on the number of entries.
    14. DBSTalk.com is not responsible for weather incidents (such as ice storms) or any other acts of God that may prevent the participants from entering. DBSTalk.com and the DBSTalk.com contest coordinator are not responsible for entry errors or for transmission errors.
    15. DBSTalk.com is in no way responsible for any problems, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet or on the DBSTalk.com or Deep Space Franchise web site which may limit entries in this contest.
    16. Any attempt by a participant to deliberately damage the DBSTalk.com web site or the Deep Space Franchise web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, DBSTalk.com and Mark Holtz reserve the right to seek damages from the offending participant to the fullest extent of the law.
    17. Contest void where prohibited by law.
    [size=+3]Good Luck![/size]
    [size=+2]The Contest Is Over![/size]

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    [size=+2]In Case You Were Wondering About The Troops Part[/size]​

Due to security concerns, the military will no longer accept any mail addressed to "Any Serviceperson". So, I have been searching for an alternative way to ship the DVDs overseas.

I have since connected with a Sacramento-based group with members I know from past events. One of the members has a son who is currently serving in Iraq. The DVDs were passed along to that person on Tuesday, March 1st, and, as far as I know, are on their way to her son. Because our troops are serving in a Islamic country, Islamic law and tradition determines what material is appropriate. Any material deemed not appropriate will be redirected to other US military units.

The only requirement that I made when donating these DVDs is that I receive a publically releasable digital photograph of the troops holding up the DVDs. I define "publically releasable" as photos which can be republished freely without compromising the safety of the troops or military operations. I hope to have that digital photo "soon".

3. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz New Texan

Mar 23, 2002
    Richardson,...
    Congratulations to the following DBSTalkers:
    • BuckeyeChris who won a copy of The Incredibles
    • aokay who won a copy of North By Northwest
    BTW: :welcome_s to DBSTalk, aokay. He just joined yesterday!

Stay tuned. The One-Day DVD giveaway will return "soon".