Dear AT&T Executives......please watch this video

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by peano, Jan 10, 2021.

1. peano

peano Icon

Feb 1, 2004
    This is how DIRECTV used to be run. Great training and attention to detail and customer service.
    You may not have been out of high school when this video was made but it shows the culture at DIRECTV when they cared.
    I realize in the TLDR days of the new generation you will watch it for about 3 seconds, and then move on to booking dinner on your IPhone at the French Laundry.......but please try to watch for maybe 2 minutes. Please.

2. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Dude. Directv wasn’t even run like that from 2010 on. Maybe earlier

3. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Did you work for them to know how things were ran? I can tell you with 100% certainty that DTV was ran great from ~2009 until ATT took over. They were employee and customer focused 99% of the time.

4. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Really.. Because this forum is littered with install/service and customer service posts that would say otherwise

5. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
  6. lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    LOL! It isn’t the first time, nor will it be the last, that this rating will be given. And with all the various postings about the customer service issues it is obvious it is meaningless for the most part. The difference between Dish and Direct is miniscule. Kind of the best of the worst award IMO. :)

krel and compnurd like this.
  7. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    It seems pretty clear that these rankings can be bought.

8. Teetertotter

Teetertotter Member

Jul 23, 2020
    Janesville, WI
    On any of the forums, do you hear any atta boys?????. I have had nothing but a good experience with AT&T DTV and U-Verse, since 1994. My latest was a week, ago to call in for DTV offers and internet. It was an outstanding experience! Took 10 minute wait time and 10 minutes with rep, or less. What's the Beef folks???

9. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Would you like a tin foil hat to go with your conspiracy theory?

compnurd likes this.
  10. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    So much has changed since that video.
    Of course, there were no phone lines. AT&T did not even hook the main HR54 to the internet, I had to run a ethernet cable through the wall to the HR54 to keep from getting "not connected to the internet" errors. He also refused to replace the LNB with a Reverse band. As for the dish, that was installed with its own ground rod, on a concreted metal pole next to the south side of my house, and the cabling was done with precision, loops, and blocks. Routed under the house and up through the floor into the media closet. The dish install was done before AT&T bought DirecTv.

11. peano

peano Icon

Feb 1, 2004
    I prefer the old days. Better in my opinion. I got involved with satellite television in the early 2000's.
    The attention to detail in the video is what made me reflect.

12. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    Yeah this site is a good guide for how much DIRECTV cared for their employees and customer. :rolleyes:

13. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    AT&T ran DTV into the ground. between the clueless csr's over seas being put on hold for hours and hung up on and dealing with clueless wonders seems to be a thing now. i guess AT&T thought they could have saved a few $$$. i think it's kicking em in the butt. being racial has not a damm thing to do with it at all it's more like ATT training em wich was more than likely never done. it's like ATT through a script in front of em and told em to read it. it was very few times that i got someone that know what they were doing and guess what each one of those times they were DTV csr before ATT took over. i deal with SXM also there over seas never any issues on getting stuff resolved. there has been no more sports channels added for the sports nuts no new hardware also!!!. the one thing i don't get is ATT knew that DTV was mature and was going to start sinking. so why buy a money pit:rolleyes:o_O to be honest DTV was a sinking ship before ATT bought them out with people converting over to streaming

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  14. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    i loved DTV back in the day since ATT took over there's no way i would let them back in my house

15. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    kinda like night and day eh. you got me going down memory lane lol

16. krel

krel New Member

Mar 20, 2013
    the two biggest gripes are price hikes and poor CSR'S

17. Teetertotter

Teetertotter Member

Jul 23, 2020
    Janesville, WI
    Well......if you can't afford DTV, then switch to some other service within your means. You have options...competitors that will take your business.

MysteryMan and compnurd like this.
  18. sanpablo

sanpablo New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Before ATT, DirecTV customer service was great. Any problem, they
    took care of it with no hassles. Now, with ATT, it's a horror. I'm hoping
    my service will not have any problems, I dread calling ATT DirecTV customer
    service.

19. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    It wasn’t great. It was ok. There is plenty of horror stories on this website and others with stories.

20. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Given what you observe on a daily basis, how do you explain AT&T satisfaction improving significantly over the last year (they scored 763 versus 745 last year)?