1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

debating on going back to spectrum for video service

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by tivofan2018, Oct 20, 2018.

1. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    i am considering on going back to spectrum ugh while my dtv prices are going up. what has been peoples experiences with getting tuning adapters and cable cards??? what has been peoples experiences with the tivo bolt if any on spectrum

2. Eva

Eva Member

Nov 8, 2013
  3. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    spectrum will give me everything for 70.00 a month free dvr and dtv can't match that so they say and they will buy out my contract to

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Spectrum: SPecial Executive for Counter-Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Un-stabilizing Media.

tivofan2018 likes this.
  5. tech400

tech400 New Member

Apr 6, 2008
    SE Mass
    I have been using a Tivo Bolt Vox with a mini vox for almost a year with spectrum gold I left DTV after 8 years and do not miss them at all.
    Price increases drove me to move. I was paying $230 / Mo for spectrum phone and internet along with DTV. I now pay $148 / Month plus approx $10 / month for Tivo service . I have spectrum silver package (includes premiums). Pay back for TIVO upfront costs is less than 1 Year.
    I have no problems with Pictue quality. I do not have 4k tvs yet.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  6. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    Make sure you are getting what you need. In some locations the DVR is a 2 tuner one and Spectrum isn't offering whole home service. This is the former TWC area and I'm not sure for other areas. If this is what Spectrum is offering in your area and ok with you then ..As other writer has said - combine with a Tivo to get more tuners and whole home.

AZ. likes this.
  7. zeebre12

zeebre12 Member

Dec 28, 2014
    new york
    How do you think Spectrum will distribute their original programming to their customers?

8. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule! DBSTalk Club

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    I have Spectrum with a former TWC contract, meaning I don't have access to the current Spectrum pricing. My TWC service includes Standard Triple Play (Starter TV. Standard TV, Variety Pack, Ultimate 200 Internet, Home Phone National and Voicemail) plus HBO and 3 CableCards (TiVo Bolt 500, Roamio Plus with two TiVo Minis and TiVo HD). I'm quiet happy with my TiVo boxes. Just one problem with the Bolt -- with the tuning adapter attached, I can't get my local channels. With it disconnected from my Bolt, I get the locals plus the main HBO channel,CNN,MSNBC, HGTV and History Channel, which are the normally encrypted channels I watch. My monthly bill is in the $140 range.

9. Nov 3, 2018 #9 of 17
    tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    they offered me there 100 MBPS internets and unlimited nation wide phone ( wich is a joke :) and the gold package for 121.00 a month. sounds like a no brainer to me. but my acct is a problem acct with bad wiring and shit techs. and argumentative toddlers at there call center over freaking cable cards. i can't have one because i am not a grandfarthered in TWC customer LOL that's an FCC complaint right there and them telling me that i would still have to pay for there DVR service really since when i would be paying tivo for dvr service numb nuts

10. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    what do you mean it's compressed to shit lol but depending on the box it can look pretty dam good

11. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    i have there gold package the tech gave me a world box that was a disaster:D. then he gave me a dual tuner unit it was all he had in his truck and that was a nightmare to to many conflicts. i went into the store and requested the arris 6 tuner and got it!!! this is an old TWC area as well and before that it was adelphia:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
  12. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    they don't like to give credit back that's like getting blood from a turnip

13. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    how do you have your mini hooked up. ethernet wireless or did you diplex a moca signal since spectrum don't support moca networks :mad:. have you had any issues with things like channel repacks and tivo not getting them??? i have there gold package along with 2 4k t.v.s. dishes price floored me when i asked em for the everything pack not worth it to me:eek:

14. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    i guess i'll take the deal for the year and then run like hell:eek:

15. CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    I know most people don't have land line service but I have it so I have a phone number to give to vendors, etc. which is never answered and has no volume on the phone. The number of spam calls this saves me from is worth the price

tivofan2018 likes this.
  16. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    well hell i am only keeping this shit for one more week. the phone goes blank at times when trying to make out going calls the t.v. breaks up and pixelizes and macro blocks like a MF to the point where it just crashes down:mad: i am so pissed off right now. when you post on there so called forum asking for help they delete it:mad:. i will be taking advantage of there 30 money back deal the service sucks. as far as what i will do for the internets i had verizons 5G whole home broadband installed they had to send a tech out and install a box thingy on my house and put an antenna on the roof and point it;). they give you the apple t.v. 4k or the 4k chrome cast the modem and router 3 months of youtube t.v. the modem and router along with wifi extenders through out the house to make sure your getting service and the first three months are free!!!

17. tivofan2018

tivofan2018 Member

Oct 19, 2018
    20181105_015602.jpg after spectrums shit service i don't know how all of the negitive posts online don't cost spectrum thousands of $$$