1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DECA MRV vs PowerLine MRV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by usnret, May 16, 2010.

1. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    I presently have an HR22 hooked up with a powerline downstairs and a H22 (HD enabled connected to my router upstairs). I am presently in the Beta MRV system. I want to go the DECA route but have a question. When I presently view a program recorded on the H22, on my HR22, there is a pause when I hit play and also a pause before/after I hit the FF button. It's an old house with older wiring, so suspect that has something to do with it.
    If I go the DECA route, will something recorded on my H22 that I view on my HR22 react to FF, etc. the same as if I am viewing something on my HR22 that was recorded on my HR22?
    Tks

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Starting the MRV seems to have a lag, but once the recording as started all trickplay functions seem as quick [here] as if I were watching the recording locally.

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    DECA will work a lot better than powerline .. There still may be a short delay at the beginning of a remote show. However, the overall performance will be much better.

4. usnret

usnret Icon

Jan 16, 2009
    Tks Doug and VOS. I'll make the switch after a week or 2 then.

5. p3pilot

p3pilot Member

Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    I was using a combination of hardwired and PowerLine and just got DECA installed yesterday. Even though PowerLine was working acceptably at least for me, I can see a big improvement with DECA. Definitely worth it.

6. bird dog

bird dog Cool Member

Aug 15, 2007
    yeah, when i think back on using powerline adapters, it feels SOOO old. HD was unwatchable. deca all the way.

7. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    Note that the Beta is supposed to end 5/20, so you may lose MRV on Thursday. :(

8. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Personally I use powerline adapters and they're really not up to the task for HD.