1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Delete" changes to different recording

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by vfr781rider, Dec 7, 2018 at 5:18 PM.

1. vfr781rider

vfr781rider Legend

Jan 14, 2007
    Gladeville, TN
    I searched and didn't find anything on this. Surely it's not just me :( HR54, most of the time when deleting a show I just watched, the GUI switches to a completely different set of recordings wanting to delete a completely different show. I lost a couple this way before I caught on to what was going on. I have tried this both from the HR54 and from the C61 client and they both do it. I have tried with left arrow from a RC73 remote as well as the stop button on a RC65 and they both do this as well, so it seems to be the HR54. Software 0x1104 from 9/21, so this has been going on a while. Anyone else???

2. DMG

DMG Legend

Feb 7, 2008
    Yes, this is one of the many bugs with playlist handling introduced with the new GUI.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Known problem. I have seen it many times. Always pay close attention when deleting anything,

4. flyaeger

flyaeger New Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Does anyone know if the x1144 release to be rolled out in December fixes this problem?

5. JerryMeeker

JerryMeeker Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Don’t know, but it’s only a problem if you are not paying attention to what you are deleting.

6. Howie

Howie Godfather

Aug 16, 2006
    I lost a couple of things because of this earlier on with the new GUI. I'm now more attentive to what I'm deleting.

7. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    The problem is fixed in newer releases. And yes, it is "only a problem if you don't pay attention", but it cost me a number of recordings. That isn't someplace that a user typically pays attention to that level of detail, and in my own opinion, shouldn't have to.

8. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Who told you 1144 would be rolled out in December? If there is a rollout, it will be way beyond 1144.

9. flyaeger

flyaeger New Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Morgan Hill, CA
    I’ve been reading in other threads that the fix for the missing programs in the playlist is supposed to be fixed in December. Some people have reported that they already have 1144 installed and it does fix that problem. So I’m hoping they rollout that fix to the rest of us soon.

10. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    CSRs and installers tell folks that a fix is right around the corner constantly. Gives everyone hope and nothing happens.

Rich

11. flyaeger

flyaeger New Member

Apr 13, 2015
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Hmmm ... well I hope that’s not the case this time, but I understand your skepticism.

Rich likes this.
  12. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    That sounds like blame the victim. It also highlights the need for an undo/undelete command to assist customers who are led to delete the wrong content.

rainydave and jimmie57 like this.
  13. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I've been that "victim". I learned from the experience. An undo command would be wonderful. I can't imagine that happening, tho.

Rich