1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFW Fox4 Mpeg4

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by sigma1914, Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Does anyone else in DFW expierence excessive drop outs to a blue screen on our Fox HD local? Last night made the WS unwatchable, samething tonight.

2. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    It was pretty bad over the air as well. I was watching it on one of my HR10-250s (not 6.3a) and was seeing some serious stuttering. I know it wasn't the drive because no other channel was having issues.

3. SFS97

SFS97 Legend

Sep 12, 2006
    Yes, right now, Mad TV.

I happens on both HR20 and H20.

4. KnbJckyAMS

KnbJckyAMS Cool Member

Oct 3, 2006
    I also live in the DFW area but I don't have the MPEG4 Locals but instead I have the D* National Locals on CH. 88 which comes out of NY. I too was watching the WS and had Video dropouts to black and momentary audio dropouts!

5. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    How can you get nationals? I'd love to.

6. KnbJckyAMS

KnbJckyAMS Cool Member

Oct 3, 2006
    It's been such a long time ago I really don't remember...But i know that Directv that to petition the stations for permission. I only got approved for NBC, CBS, and FOX. I live in an apartment and can't get any of those stations via my OTA antenna.

Actually I think I was just running over the channel and saw that it said to call so I called and they said that they had to petition the networks...So I was like what the heck! Got a card in the mail about two weeks after that...saying that NBC, FOX, and CBS approved my request and ABC denied it. So I then called D* and told them what the card said and they activated those three national channels.

7. sigma1914

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Is anyone else seeing like an 8mm effect? It appears on non HD broadcasts.

8. rokclimbertx

rokclimbertx Cool Member

Dec 13, 2006
    nothing on this end today... yesterday however, audio wasn't synced with video... live or recorded... and i mean way off like a coupla seconds, not the usual HD audio/video sync problem... with the recorded shows i had to pause every couple of minutes for a minute then hit play for the audio to sync up... but it would go out again after 5 minutes or so... very frustrating...

seems the only HD trouble i have seen is with the locals... espn, discovery etc... all seem to be problem free...

9. redrocker

redrocker AllStar

Jan 3, 2007
    I always have problems w/ fox 4, lately the picture just freezes and I have to eigther change the chanel or RBR. The D*tivo SD never has issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.