1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

different info

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dougm216, Oct 24, 2009.

1. dougm216

dougm216 New Member

Oct 24, 2009
    I've gotten a couple of conflicting stories from csr. Can a H22 or 23 (non dvr) do tv2pc in different rooms also pic in pic or does it have to be a dvr model. Been told different info. Thanks, Doug

2. Movieman

Movieman Hall Of Fame

May 8, 2009
    When I had my H23 it didnt work but works fine on my HR22 and HR23 which are HD-DVR's.

3. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    in order for it to work a show would have to be on your hard drive. a non-dvr does not have a hard drive.

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Not sure of your questions.
    DirecTV2PC works from recordings on DVRs.
    Picture in Picture isn't a feature of current receivers, so this would need to be a feature of your TV and would require two DirecTV receivers to feed it.

5. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Directv2pc allows you to play your recordings back on your PC. Non-dvr's dont have this capability.

6. dougm216

dougm216 New Member

Oct 24, 2009
    If the receiver is hooked to your home network, recordings can be done to computer on network. Why wouldn't you be able to watch TV over network? If this is off base, as I said I have been told different things. I have a H23 and swm dish upgrade on the way. Thanks for the help.

7. GerryC

GerryC Mentor

Aug 25, 2007
    As others have said, you need a DVR. From the DirecTV site: "Now you can watch your favorite shows on your PC. With your DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR receiver and PC connected to your home network, the DIRECTV2PC™ application allows you to stream the programs you recorded on your DVR to your PC, where you can watch them on your HD monitor."

8. David MacLeod

David MacLeod New Member

Jan 29, 2008
    if it is a receiver then no it can't. you cannot have a recording on a receiver.
    if it is a dvr then it can be done.