Diginets that Dish carries

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by mwdxer, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Nov 3, 2019 #1 of 17
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    For the people you love the old classic TV shows, Dish is unique compared to Direct as Dish carries diginets. I was checking the list of general entertainment ones online today. Out of the nearly 30 listed, Dish has quite a few. METV, Grit, Laff, Bounce, Comet, Get tv, and Buzzr There are a few more I would like to see if Dish could get an agreement with others like Antenna TV, THIS, Decades, Cozi, Retro, etc. But we are lucky to have this many. They are probably inexpensive to add and there will probably be few disputes with them. It isn't for everyone. It is a special nitch and I hope Dish can add more in the future. The older people love channels like METV and Antenna TV. We all grew up with those shows.

ibjimbo and Jackson85 like this.
  2. Nov 3, 2019 #2 of 17
    Jackson85

Jackson85 New Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Robinson,...
    I agree with you. I love the old shows, when those shows brings back some great memories and when times were easier.

3. Nov 3, 2019 #3 of 17
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    If you check what old series are sitting in vaults that have never run or not in years, the sky is the limit. One problem I see that so many shown are I Love Lucy, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Honeymooners, The Brady Bunch, and so on. Those are good shows, but there are hundreds of others that could be run. When was the last time you saw, Eight Is Enough, Marcus Welby MD, Trapper John, Mr. Novak, and the list goes on. METV runs 77 Sunset Strip which wasn't shown in years. How about Surfside 6 or Hawaiian Eye?

dennispap likes this.
  4. Nov 6, 2019 #4 of 17
    Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    COZI is partially available via Dish on FETV (unless their schedule has changed).

5. Nov 7, 2019 #5 of 17
    mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    FETV I think split away from COZI. I still have my big dish to get COZI, but no DVR function.

6. southsider

southsider New Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Dallas
    We had Spectrum cable TV for quite a while and they carried pretty much all of these channels.

7. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Spectrum has some of them, but no THIS, Decades, Antenna TV, Movies, etc. Not where I live.

8. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Cable companies are not consistent from city to city.

9. southsider

southsider New Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Dallas
    Spectrum in Dallas has every one of those. Now we have YTTV, which does carry Cozi, Start, and maybe one more.

10. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    You've got a big market too. The OR Coast only has a few translators.

11. southsider

southsider New Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Dallas
    True, and this city keeps growing. But I think I'd take your beautiful Oregon coast over big D any day!

mwdxer and RBA like this.
  12. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    The Coast has its' advantages, born here, after being gone years ago, I returned. It is very nice. With streaming, I am hoping for all of the diginets in a package in time. Beside Dish, OTA, my big Dish, and stream, I have most of them in one form or another, but not only one place and no DVR for many of them.

13. southsider

southsider New Member

Mar 16, 2013
    Dallas
    I completely agree with you - an app where they are all in one place would be awesome. I pretty much love something carried on each of the retro diginets, so a one-stop shop where they even had a little guide would be amazing.

14. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Fallston, MD
    If you are in an area that can get Over the Air TV, you can get the OTA adapter and get lots of diginets. I have an old 1960s style attic antenna and can get stations from Baltimore, Washington, and a station in Lancaster, PA and occasionally a Philadelphia station or two. The only problem is that Dish doesn’t carry the guide for some of them. I wish they would at least do that. If you have the Flex Pack, you can drop locals saving $10/mo.

15. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Isn't that $12 saved?

16. mwdxer

mwdxer Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Seaside Oregon
    Here, OTA is a nice addition, but we do not have translators for all Portland stations.

17. I. Hogeye

I. Hogeye New Member

Jul 28, 2011
    I, for one, would like to see Decades added to the diginets carried by DISH.