1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital TV OTA by DMA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by machavez00, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    It's often asked what Digital channels are available in my area. Most times we are directed to antennaweb.org or the incomprehensible FCC web site. In one of the many "what antenna should I buy" threads it was noted that the staions listed on the antennaweb.org site is outdated. I was surfing the net this morning and saw link to the NAB web site. http://www.nab.org/AM/ASPCode/DTVStations/DTVStations.asp
    This lists the DTV stations in operation by DMA. How accurate it is I don't know. There are more station listed for my DMA than on the antennaweb.org site. As with the Antenna web site, there are several stations listed that from Prescott and Flagstaff that can't be received in the the Phoenix area. There several of the listed in my HR20 OTA setup, which leads me to believe this is where TMS is getting the data for the guide, hence what channels are in the OTA setup.

Antenna web

Call Sign Channel Network City State
    Assignment
    KSAZ-DT 10.1 FOX PHOENIX AZ 31
    KTVK-DT 3.1 IND PHOENIX AZ 24
    KPPX-DT 51.1 ION TOLLESON AZ 52
    KPHO-DT 5.1 CBS PHOENIX AZ 17
    KPNX-DT 12.1 NBC MESA AZ 136
    KASW-DT 61.1 CW PHOENIX AZ 49
    KNXV-DT 15.1 ABC PHOENIX AZ 56
    KDTP-DT 39 DAY PHOENIX AZ TBD 39
    KAET-DT 8.1 PBS PHOENIX AZ 29
    KUTP-DT 45.1 MNT PHOENIX AZ 26
    KPAZ-DT 21.1 TBN PHOENIX AZ 20

NAB

Phoenix, AZ 13
    KPNX-TV NBC 12.n 36
    KPPX ION 51.n 52
    KSAZ-TV FOX 10.n 31
    KTFL Independent 4.n 18
    KTVK-TV Independent 3.n 24
    KTVW-TV Univision 33.n 34
    KUTP My TV 45.n 26
    KAET PBS 8.n 29
    KASW CW 61.n 49
    KAZ-TV Independent 7.n 25
    KCFG Independent 9.n 32
    KFPH TeleFutura 13.n 27
    KMOH Independent 6.n 19
    KNAZ-TV NBC 2.n 22
    KNXV ABC 15.n 56
    KPAZ-TV Religious 21.n 20
    KPHO-TV CBS 5.n 17

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    NAB is the National Association of Broadcasters and they are an advocacy group for TV station owners and operators. They are a reputable source as well as antennaweb, which is operated by the Consumer Electronics Association.

NAB may have a vested interest in making sure you're aware of all stations which might be viewable. Of course, both sites are estimating, your experience may vary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.