1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital vcr to record hdtv.

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by fstanga, Aug 17, 2004.

1. fstanga

fstanga New Member

Jun 5, 2004
    I had ordered a Dish 921 and and kind of got scared away with all of their problems. I have been researching a JVC HM-DH 4000 VCR and I was wondering if it could be hooked up to a dish 6000 receiver . I need to know before I buy it .Can any body help.
    fstanga

2. olgeezer

olgeezer Guest

Dec 5, 2003
    You would need a HD Tuner (stand alone or built in TV) with IEEE1394 to record HD to this. Works great

3. ibglowin

ibglowin Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 10, 2002
    The only way to hook this up to a 6000 would be analog SVHS connection. The only digital inputs are iLINK which would work great for a DV camcorder, and thats about it. The 6000 only has analog outputs (even HD) via component or RGB. You would need to have a component "input" or RBG "input" as well as an optical "input" on the VCR to get anything into it in HD and Dolby digital. I think this VCR only works with a JVC TV with an iLINK output.

4. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    For $1,000 you can have the 6000 modified to output firewire. I use S-Video to my JVC 30K and get excellent results. True, it's not HD, but it is DVD quality.

5. ibglowin

ibglowin Godfather/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Sep 10, 2002
    Been hearing about about a mod for the 6000 to output Firewire. Figures, as I just sold my last one and got an 811, oh well patience Grasshopper right....
    ;)

I am making some pretty good DVD's these days off the 921. Output via sVHS (480i) leaving it in 16X9 mode. I dump using a mini DV camcorder right into my Powerbook and edit, add menus etc. You end up with a compressed 4:3 picture that stretches perfectly back into 16X9 using your aspect ratio control on your TV. Like you said, its not HD but it the best we have at the moment to archive (other than a MyHD card etc.)

6. fstanga

fstanga New Member

Jun 5, 2004

Thanks for the info I'll keep my eyes and open and something else may turn up
    fstanga

7. fstanga

fstanga New Member

Jun 5, 2004

Thanks for the info I'll just keep my eyes open and something else may turn up.

fstanga

8. fstanga

fstanga New Member

Jun 5, 2004

Thanks for the info I'll just keep my eyes open and something may turn up

fstanga