1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct Connect

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by etf5006, Apr 14, 2013.

1. etf5006

etf5006 New Member

Apr 14, 2013
    2 days ago I got an error saying 775 on my TV's. I called DTV they told me it had something to do with the SWM box. They had me try a bunch of things and we didn't have any success Next step is to send a tech out tomorrow to fix the problem. I was wondering since I live in an apt and have easy access to the dish, if I could just directly connect the dish to my family room receiver. if so what settings would I need to change on my receiver. the current settings are:

Dish Type: 17: Slimline-3S (SWM)
    Switch Type: 01: SWM
    Tuners: Dual

Any help would be great... Can't miss the MASTERS!

2. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    First off is it YOUR dish on your balcony or is it serving others? If it is your dish is there 1 or coax coming off of it? I suspect it is a SWM LNB with only one wire which means the issue is in the dish itself.

3. etf5006

etf5006 New Member

Apr 14, 2013
    No, its my own dish, not shared.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    And how many cables come off the dish into your apartment? Is there anything else inbetween the dish and your units?

In the meantime, might be good to hook up an outside antenna to receive your local channels -- at least that way you'll be able to watch the CBS coverage.

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY