1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIRECT TV DVR HARD DRIVE

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by edoubleu321, Jun 18, 2018.

1. edoubleu321

edoubleu321 New Member

Jun 17, 2018
    If you delete a movie, show or complete series from your DVR, is it really deleted?
    Or, like a computer, is it just earmarked as free space for new stuff?

My theory:
    A show is DVRed. I watch it. I deleted it.
    I set the DVR to record the entire series of the same show and it missed several of the episodes. Why does it miss episodes?

2. Bitterman

Bitterman New Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hudson...
    You used to be able to Undelete shows years ago, it may have been with the DirecTivo receiver. Not sure if it is still an option. Definitely can't with the non tivo ones.

How are you recording your series? Record all episodes? First run only? Are you keeping all episodes or just 5 or less? Maybe you're overwriting previously recorded episodes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    The top two reasons are EPG errors and recording conflicts. With EPG errors the DVR may think it already has a copy of the show or that the show is not new. With conflicts there are not enough tuners for all scheduled recordings and live viewing at the time of the recording.

4. JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon Hall Of Fame

Jul 21, 2008
    as for conflicts some times it will record the repeat on it's own.

5. edoubleu321

edoubleu321 New Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Type: All Episode
    Number: All (no cutoff)
    Keep All

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    for sure you could drop out the HDD housekeeping from your suspect's list

7. edoubleu321

edoubleu321 New Member

Jun 17, 2018
    Ok. There’s so much that is screwed up with the new GUI. This is probably just another thing to add to the list.

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    feel free to pile up it into "New GUI" thread ;)

9. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Is it episodes that where recorded and then deleted within the last 30 days? If so then that’s why. It won’t record anything automatically if it was deleted from the DVR within the last 30 days. You’d have to manually add that. And it’s been that way forever.