1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct TV is great

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by duffytoo, May 16, 2009.

1. duffytoo

duffytoo Mentor

Mar 13, 2005
    I've had Direct for 6 months now and I think it is wonderful.

We are in the middle of a hard rainstorm and I have't lost my signal. Unlike D--h, who used to go out when it looked like rain.

Plus all of the free options such as news mix, sports mix, customizing my guide, etc.

2. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Icon

Mar 7, 2007
    I'm glad you've joined the fold. DirecTV really does have a good experience, although personally my service goes out during moderate rainstorms.

3. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I been a customer for almost 9 months now and I love it to. No way I would trade it for anything else.

4. ziggy29

ziggy29 Icon

Nov 18, 2004
    San Antonio DMA
    If you get rain fade as much as the cable companies claim, your dish is probably not aligned properly. Yeah, it happens, but there's usually only a handful of storms out here heavy enough to cause a well-aligned dish to lose everything, and even then it's usually only that heavy for a few minutes. Still, it's nice to have an outdoor OTA antenna as a backup, since those really nasty weather times are the times you want to stay tuned to local news.

5. LOCODUDE

LOCODUDE Hall Of Fame

Aug 7, 2007
    New York
    Indeed.....:)

6. firefighter4evr

firefighter4evr Legend

Sep 17, 2008
    I will have had D* one year next month and only had rain fade once, it lasted 2 mins and came back..... looked on the radar and at that moment it went out there was a small red cell of storms coming over us:eek2:

With the exception of a few clueless CSR's in the past....:grin: I'm pretty darn happy with my directv:)

7. narrod

narrod Godfather

Jul 26, 2007
    I've been a customer for 10 years and am not as enamored of the service as I was in the first few years due to many issues. That being said, it's still the best alternative available for me, so I'm not going anywhere.

8. bmetelsky

bmetelsky Cool Member

Feb 28, 2009
    I've been with Directv now for 3 months. I had a great install and the service has been without flaw since installation. I'm still playing around with all of the options on the HD-DVR that was installed (an HR22-100). :rolleyes:

9. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    They will have to pry it from my cold dead hands

10. igator99

igator99 Godfather

Jul 28, 2006
    I've been since 96 and I must agree with you. The picture quality was awesome and it was like you had a friend with your service. Today they are just another greedy company.

11. MvP

MvP New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    I experience rain fade here in Upper Michigan but not enough to make a big thing about it. As a matter of fact it comes in handy sometime. If I experience rain fade in when it's still dry outside I know I've got exactly 12 minutes to clear the yard:):):)

12. ziggy29

ziggy29 Icon

Nov 18, 2004
    San Antonio DMA
    On the other hand, their main competitor is the cable monopoly, so in comparison, they still look pretty good.