1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct TV Worst Customer Service -

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by reche, Jul 24, 2012.

1. reche

reche New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I would not suggest that anyone should switch to direct TV. I recently experienced the worst customer service and this was towards a prospective customer. I had every intention of moving from my current service provider to DTV. they transferred me through 7 different departments until I finally gave up and decided to take my business elsewhere. it left a horrible taste in my mouth. all the reps that I dealt with were not knowledgeable about their products and kept contradicting each other this also included the three managers I spoke to from Sales, Cust Svc and Billing??? what kind of sham house are they running!!

2. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    Sounds like you had an unusually bad experience. DirecTV's customer service has always been excellent for me.

3. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    Yeah, I've never really had that bad of an experiece when dealing with the simpler stuff like that. The only time I get annoyed is when I have more complicated questions and the regular CSRs try to give you answers to questions that you aren't asking rather than forwarding you on to people who can actually answer the question you asked. Like back when the AM21 first came out I had questions about it and the CSRs kept assuming I was tlaking about the HR21, and giving me completely rediculous answers, since they didn't even understand what the AM21 was.

That said, what kind of things were you trying to figure out, chances are we can answer your questions for you.

4. Bradman

Bradman Mentor

Aug 8, 2011
    From install to now, nothing but a pleasure dealing with DirecTV for me.

5. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    In over four years with DirecTV I've only encountered one clueless CSR. He had no idea what Sonic Tap was and didn't seem inclined to pass me on to someone who did. I just hung up and tried again.

I switched to FiOS last October but poor customer service was not the reason...

6. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Generally, new customers have smooth sailing. I wonder if the OP made extraordinary demands - like pay for an early termination fee, or too many freebies - or had difficult installation requirements, or was a regular provider swapper who had cancelled DirecTV, got a new provider and now wants to come back for more new customer deals.

Anyway, this experience is far from my experience with DirecTV's CSR's. Sure I have had some frustrating dealings, but was always able to get things worked out.

7. RD in Fla

RD in Fla Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Why call? Between this forum, DIRECTV.com and other on-line resources just about anything you could need (including ordering new service) is available on-line.

8. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    This one is a dump and run guys. He's got 2 posts and both are identical.

9. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    Whatever. This guy was obviously tweaked enough by his experience to seek out a Direct Broadcast Satellite discussion forum...join...start this thread in the DirecTV forum, and make this post (essentially the same post) in the Dish forum in a thread discussing switching to DirecTV.

And now he's vapor. He had a bad experience, had a mini-rage and staged a cyber-drive-by.

Unfortunate for him. I hope he feels better now.

10. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    May I offer you a crying towel? :sure:

11. reche

reche New Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Wish I had unrealistic expectations about what I expected from dish. This was not the case. I am a new customer to dish and have never had there service. A CsR misrepresented what they could give me in terms of a contract and when it actually came to getting the order fulfilled with the channels I needed nothing was on the service order. All the escalations have been futile with no resolution

12. Justin23

Justin23 Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Specifics to this situation would help instead of fuzzy details...

13. inf0z

inf0z Legend

Oct 15, 2011
    The fact that the OP spoke to three managers and none of them provided him with information or a resolution to his satisfaction leads me to believe that there is more to this story than was posted. There seems to be a lot missing here.

Also depending on how far you go up the chain they may not be able to give you the information you're looking for. If I talk to the regional manager of Best Buy and ask him or her why Geek Squad can't fix my computer, I'm betting he or she couldn't tell me, because his or her job is to manage stores and people not fix computers.

14. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    First DirecTV, now DISH? :confused:

15. n3vino

n3vino Godfather

Oct 2, 2011
    Leon...
    What new customers get is clearly listed on D*'s and I assume E*s websites. What was not on the service order that you say the CSR misrepresented? You still have not given specifics. Did you speak to D* employees, or did you speak to authorized salespeople that don't work for DTV, or for that matter Dish?

16. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Why dont you ask your questions here....the folks that post at this website are some of the most knowledgeable about D* products as you'll find anywhere. I would suspect you wanted something above and beyond what they really could offer and are just bitter. You have provided little to no info about what info you were looking for and have been very vague except in your ranting about how your experience was bad.

17. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    He spouted off in another tread on the dish side, but no specifics, just the same 7 transfer story (all talk no info)

18. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    You've either come to exactly the right place or exactly the wrong place.

If you are looking to vent and complain ad nauseam, you've come to exactly the wrong place. This particular forum is a community of DirecTV enthusiasts. Most of us are realistic and recognize the shortcomings that exist as they do with any product or service but we are also susbscribers so the vast majority of us think DirecTV is doing something right.

If you are looking for answers to questions and possible avenues of pursuit to reconcile the problems you have had, you have come to exactly the right place. There are many knowledgeable people here that can answer your questions, whether they are technical, procedural or programming related. The chances are extremely high you can get answers by asking your questions here.

So, it's in your court.

If you would like help correcting your situation please provide specific obstacles and questions and any number of posters will be glad to help you either find a way to work them out or in the worst case to understand why maybe you won't get what you want.

If you just want to vent...well, you have done that. I'm sorry for your negative experience but if complaint is your sole objective then your work here is done. Time to move on to another provider.

Can we help you?