1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directsat USA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by jtm1631, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtm1631

jtm1631 Cool Member

May 18, 2007
    I have an HR20 install coming up on Saturday the 26th and according to D*, the installer is Directsat USA. The phone number D* give me for DirectSat USA has been disconnected and according to D* that is the only number they have.

I am just north of Chicago in the suburbs. Anybody have a recent install up in this area with DirectSat? I'm just looking for a valid phone number.

2. AlbertZeroK

AlbertZeroK Icon

Jan 28, 2006
    Get on the phone with DirecTV and have them call the installer, when they find out the installer's number has been disconnected, then DirecTV should be bending around backwards to get a different installer scheduled, if they are not, then you need a supervisor fast.

3. stususs

stususs Cool Member

Dec 16, 2005
    DirecTV gave me the wrong phone number for DirecSatUSA. They can be reached at (888) 667-9963.

Their installer was supposed to arrive between 8:00 AM and 12:00 Noon. He did not show up until 1:15 PM, and a simple installation was not completed until 5:00 PM. As best as I can tell, the installation was done competently.

4. jtm1631

jtm1631 Cool Member

May 18, 2007
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the number from stususs is also disconnected.

I am on the phone now with D* to have them contact the installer.

5. jtm1631

jtm1631 Cool Member

May 18, 2007
    And the new number is .......

866-553-2505

I am not expecting good things on Saturday. Hopefully I will be wrong.

6. stususs

stususs Cool Member

Dec 16, 2005
    My error. The correct number is (800) 667-9963.

There may be many reasons to be leery of DirectSatUSA, but my getting the area code wrong should not be one of those reasons.

7. jtm1631

jtm1631 Cool Member

May 18, 2007
    Well I got a call from the installer at 7:30 this morning. He just wanted to go over everything on the workorder before he loaded the truck.

He asked me what boxes we currently have in the house, how many lines to each box, if we had ota, if the ota was diplexed or a seperate run, etc.

I've got a good feeling about this and hope all goes well. He told me he had one stop about 10 minutes from our house to reinstall a dish and than he would be at our house.

Told me he should be here about 10:00 or so.

I will post a report once the install is complete.

8. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    A friend had DirectSat show up with a guy in a Taurus with a ladder roped to the roof.

The first thing he tried to do was sell siding.

You really, really need to follow the steps in these:

HR20 Installation Guide
    HR20 Satellite Dish Antenna Grounding Requirements

I will bet you a donut that when they get there they will try to get you to pay them an extra $75 to remove your old dish.

And I take my donuts very seriously.

Call D* now and get the work order straight. Read the tips.

- Craig

9. xandor

xandor Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    I had directsat for my install too. The only issues I had were:

1. He didn't fully tighten the connections from the dish to the multiswitch, and from the multiswitch to the receivers. He didn't even finger-tighten them. I think this caused a problem on my HR20 in my bedroom, as it kept getting messages that it was about to expire. Once I secured the cables and had the authorization resent, it was fine

2. He put the phone cable into the ethernet port, causing my r10 to not be able to dial-in.

10. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2005
    do they speak english? if yes then you are way ahead of us down here in south floirda. i'd say 99 percent of the installers and reps from mastec speak VERY poor english (if i can call it english) ....and dont comprehend it when i'm talking to them. it's like talking to a wall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.