DirectTV App (Android) Can't connect to DVR

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by EricRobins, Mar 15, 2017.

1. EricRobins

EricRobins Godfather

Feb 9, 2005
    Android App, v 4.9.602 cannot connect to DVR when not at home.

It works fine when on my home WiFi, but never otherwise. Is there a setting on my modem (AT&T fiber) to check? I keep getting the "Searching for DVR" and it just fails.

HELP!

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    The Android app has been doing that for 6 months. Has not worked out of home for me and many others.

3. EricRobins

EricRobins Godfather

Feb 9, 2005
    Not what I wanted to hear. Does this mean I am SOL? I wanted an (extra) backup for watching basketball.

Has ANYONE got it working?

4. dconfer

dconfer Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    Mine started working a few weeks ago. I can't tell you what I did. It just started.

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    And 'many others' have had it working on Android devices while not at home.

Mine was working. I haven't checked it since I went to AT&T Fiber 3 weeks ago like the TS. I do know that when I went to AT&T fiber, I had to jump through some hoops to get my Plex Server and a security camera to be visible outside of the house. With my previous Comcast internet, both work fine. For years.

I had to go under the Firewall settings, Applications/Pinholes & DMZ and add my Plex and camera under TCP and UDP. I found two YouTube videos describing how to do this. One had good explanations, but wasn't 100% complete. The second video had all the steps, but I'm glad I watched the first one that gave me a better understanding of what I was doing.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  6. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Another point: My android tablet wasn't working in late-December. Then I noticed on the Play Store there was a DIRECTV App and a DIRECTV for Tablet App. After I installed the Tablet app, my tablet starting working fine. Both versions on the Play store are 4.9.602.