1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirectTv has now missed 4 appointments

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by riprecked, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Aug 8, 2018 #1 of 14
    riprecked

riprecked Mentor

Oct 11, 2009
    In July Directv offered me the HS17 upgrade with 3 clients for $106. Awesome to fix my aging HR 44.

They have now not shown up for 4 appointments, 4 hour windows each time. We have called and they can’t figure out why and suggest I just make another appointment. Tried customer retention and they said they cannot reach local installers (I am in Minneapolis).

Anyone know how to handle this besides ordering Comcast? I’ve been a customer for 10 years this go around and much longer in total.

2. Aug 9, 2018 #2 of 14
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Call back and make sure you get the Loyalty Department. Keep calling until you get satisfaction. I don't know if the Case Management Group still exists but in the past (before the merger) multiple calls on the same subject would result in your problem being escalated to the Case Management folks. Once they get on the case things usually get fixed properly...if they exist.

Rich

3. Aug 9, 2018 #3 of 14
    slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Yeah I'd complain and tell them my next call will be to another provider to replace Directv unless I get a nice credit to compensate me for the hassle, and a guarantee that they will keep their next appointment.

4. Aug 9, 2018 #4 of 14
    DR2420

DR2420 New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Michigan
    Here is my advice having just gone through the same thing.. I just received an email a day or two ago after my service call was done and it is from "Executive Vice President of Goodman Networks, your authorized Installation and Service Provider for DIRECTV"

It told me if I had any issues to contact him/her. I would advise you to try sending him/her an email, explain your situation and see what he/she comes back with. You can try calling Loyalty/Technical Support again and request them to send an email or message to dispatch regarding your situation asking them to contact you.

If you want to send this Executive Vice President of Goodman Networks an email, the email is - VIP@goodmannetworks.com

Here is the email I received

Thank you for being a valued DIRECTV Customer and I am confident that you will find your DIRECTV experience to be exceptional. As the Executive Vice President of Goodman Networks, your authorized Installation and Service Provider for DIRECTV, my goal is to ensure you receive the highest quality installation, education and customer service in the industry. Your Service was completed out of our Traverse City office.

If for any reason you do not feel our technician met your needs with the service they performed, we want to address and resolve them as soon as possible. In an effort to assist you, please send an email to our Executive Office using the email address below and provide the following information so we can respond to you without delay.

~ Billing Phone Number, DIRECTV Account Number, and your preferred contact information ~

For billing questions please contact DIRECTV at 1-800-531-5000

I hope this helps! I am assuming your local DIRECTV installation provider is Goodman Networks as well.

5. Aug 9, 2018 #5 of 14
    lparsons21

lparsons21 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    I would have cancelled service after the 2nd missed appointment. I just don’t tolerate crap like this from anyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

jimmie57 likes this.
  6. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Just the way they are, not much anybody can do about it.

Rich

7. lparsons21

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Sure u can. If more people cut off those businesses that won’t provide good service, things would change.

8. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I have been trying to lose D*. Show me a better alternative. It's not Dish, no YES, no Rich. It's not cable, that would be silly. It's not FIOS, we don't have that option. Show me a provider that can actually give me every Yankee game and every Giants and Jets game without having to worry about the Net going down during critical games Lloyd and I'll give it a shot. Seriously, anyone out there that has a suggestion...tell me.

Rich

9. lparsons21

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    Yeah, you sports nuts don’t have a lot of choices if you want to watch those games.

While I do watch a fair number of different sports events I’m not a real fan.

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    No choices that I can see. With my luck I'd cut the cord and my ISP would go down for weeks. It's just easier to keep the sat service. While there is money to be saved...now, I gotta think the price of streaming will keep rising. I'm paying nearly as much for streaming services as I do for D*. Not gonna get better.

Rich

11. lparsons21

Mar 4, 2006
    Herrin, IL
    In the long term the only savings with cord cutting will be the equipment costs. Programming costs will even out at some point and streaming will cost just as much as we pay now for cable/sat programming. Hell, it pretty much is now unless you are willing to accept less programming.

12. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Great thing about streaming services is no commitments...yup, none. I can cancel all streamers except the one I want to use (I usually stay on a Streaming Video Service for a month or until we see everything we want to see) with just a couple minutes on the computer. Then it's really inexpensive. Of course, being almost terminally lazy, I don't do that. I've been trying to work up the energy to call D* and deactivate 4 or 5 HRs that we don't use, that would take ~ $35 off the monthly bill but I just can't seem to make the call.

The way we watch series hasn't changed in many years (perhaps 25 years). We still binge on each series just as we did when we had all those VCRs (12) running. It's so easy to do that now. It's like a prayer being answered...to us. YMMV.

Rich

13. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Let me help you with that decision. LOL
    If you deactivate them, can't you like put them on vacation hold or similar for 6 months or until you call them back and turn them back on ( if you decide to do this ).
    This would save you the money,
    keep the DVRs in home with the cards in them,
    and see if the streamers are what you want.

No loss except for the programming on those TVs.

14. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Never worried about losing programming. Always backed up everything we cared about. Now the HRs are mostly running with almost empty HDDs. Not a concern.

I considered suspending them but I'll never use them. Most have 2TB drives and I can sell them on eBay, all are owned, all work. I'm not gonna sell them here. That call is gonna be a long one and I'll have to call back to make sure they don't change the owned status on any of them. I have 6 or 7 owned HRs in my shed at this moment and I will sell all of them...if I can work up the energy to go thru all this, seems like a lot of work. Lazy...

Nobody uses the DVRs anymore. Just me, just ballgames. Had a TV in every room in the house (10 room house) now we are down to 7 TVs. Don't see us going any lower than 7. Only 5 sets have HRs and one of them is rarely used. I could get my equipment fees down to 3 HRs...$21 a month.

Seems like only yesterday that I was so thrilled with my 12 HR MRV setup. Kinda sad, I am. All that work, all that money (cost me quite a bit to buy that many owned HRs) and now they just sit...waiting for a Yankees game. I do record Jeopardy each day on all of them just to give them something to do.

Rich