1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirectTV issue's; Programming, Recording and overall bad quality

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by DirectTVCustmorneedHELP!, Jun 20, 2018.

1. DirectTVCustmorneedHELP!

DirectTVCustmorneedHELP! New Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Dear DirectTV user,

I have a huge problem with DirectTV, currently i am in a bundle with AT&T which provides AT&T Uverse-At&t phone contracts-Direct TV. Overall the bundle is pure bad.... in the begging it was alright but started to become worse and worse, but just to focus on the cable issue because it is a cable forum i need help with my Direct TV programming.

First off, when first added into Direct TV i have a decent format where it recorded with easy, showed all the show's in the series, recorded or not and the quality was ehhhhhh (Small delay while moving from settings or even further entering a setting), then one night a few a weeks ago the direct TV format "updated" into the beta format with no ones approval and becomes 1,000% hell.

Second regarding the format, After adapting to the format which took endless weeks and research(a lot of time busting my balls) i found how to record and use the series manger(x300 times harder on the "easy" beta as Direct TV claims) and now noticed that there are gaps between the series they allow me to record, what do i mean? Bobs Burger; Season 1-7(Which i should have flagged from the start since there are 8 SEASON!), then after viewing each season it showed that episodes where missing, Season 2~4 had 1~5 episodes and the episodes were actually mixed! Season 7~8 episodes were in season 7 and others that i noticed but didnt note it. After finally received help from AT&T forum (5~8 weeks in......... and still waiting on results for actual results or solutions to my Internet+ Direct tv and not "Sent the information to my manger and something with the claim"). Now my Direct TV is kind of "updated", i have the right seasons of all my shows (Just to mention, Bob's Burger was not the only show i had problem with, any other show's on the program were wrong and mixed) but there is still a huge gap in the episodes, Bobs burger Season 1 Episode list 4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13 available (Please dont ask whats wrong, it should be obvious im missing a few episodes). Now lets talk about season's that had 1~5 episodes, Yes it has been expanded with a few more but the recording on them has been awful, 3 weeks in, it has the R for recording and Bobs burger is the top Show's to be recorded over all my other shows... sadly they are still not recorded and show's like NCIS are being recorded and it 7th~10th in the series (My brother show).

Last but not least the quality of this Beta SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Like i mentioned before it took x3 effort to learn and understand what to do and how to fix basic issue's compared to the basic programming i was removed from. The overall speed to swap from Setting to Setting or to even load show's/programs takes quite awhile (10 seconds flat to a minute).

If you could help me with my problems or give me a solid solution instead of waiting 8 days already for a solid result (AT&T forum representative mentioned she escalated it and give me daily updates after waiting so long for help or idea's on what to do). Please lmk what other info you need, sadly i cannot identify the Cable Box (Receiver), it has a Model number of C51-100 and only notable phrase in the front is "RVU". I assume C51-100 is the model but when comparing to pictures online i see a few similar while other designs look way different.

2. texasbrit

texasbrit Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2006
    The programs available on demand are not controlled by DirecTV but by the channel the programming comes from, so if there are episodes missing only the channel can change that.
    If you have issues withe new software release you can post them here or in the various other forums. Although DirecTV has significantly improved the firmware over the last several weeks there are still some major issues with it,. Some people have complained about slowness but this does not affect everyone (I don't have any real response issues)

AngryManMLS likes this.
  3. DirectTVCustmorneedHELP!

Jun 20, 2018
    I understand what you mean by demand and this is not on demand.... nothing "on demand" works because I assume I don't have a bundle program that's worth it, same goes with all the apps, it's literally just Tv and recording. Also what does on demand have to do with recording episodes and showing ALL EPISODES in a season.... I know for example bobs burgers is still played on multi TV stations and daily (weekly too) so my 1-2 recoding shows in the past 1-2 month literally makes 0 sense. Also what does on demand have to do with showing all the seasons + episodes??? That's clearly a programming error where it can't identify it.

Also.... this new software release (BETA) has been "loved" aka hated from direct tv community since 2006(Iv read multiple forums from multiple places), when you mentioned a change in the last few weeks it makes sense why my seasons are actually correct but episodes till missing, it's clearly a problem on Direct Tv side; programming of some sort. Also here's my though overall with this beta, nothing has changed overall with everything I mentioned above because it's just frustrating.... Iv heard people dropping there bundle because how stupid the beta is and honestly I couldn't agree, half ass At&t internet (which they doing started doing fibre in my area, starting from the CLOSE-FAR.... 1-2 year process and I'm still losing because my distance is way to far from ANY cable box, so I'm losing only on quality overall) and direct Tv which they just "take" people to enroll in there beta ??? I mean what am I getting in return? I never asked to be in a Beta where it's pure bad but to the code.... in the end direct Tv or At&t cannot reverse it and now I'm stuck.

I think this beta needs a hard core re-work before allowing anyone to use it. Problems still probably occur for most direct Tv users and it's been an "beta" with issues for a WHILE!

4. DirectTVCustmorneedHELP!

Jun 20, 2018
    If they are going to half ass this and it clearly shows... they either need to make the beta worth trying (pay reduction) or give an option to leave because it's honestly terrible from my stand point. They need to stop advertising (which I constantly see from commercials) about how great they are for new users and fix problems that are messing up old users because a lot of people would agree at how terrible it is overall

5. texasbrit

Aug 9, 2006
    This isn't a beta and has not been around since 1996. First release was in 2017.
    And almost all old episodes are only available on demand, and if they are available on "cable"channels the channel is responsible for the episodes not DirecTV.
    Your post is unfortunately full of misunderstandings about DirecTV programming

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    DirectTVCustmorneedHELP!

A reminder that your problem is with AT&T|DIRECTV not the members of this site. Please keep control of your anger and do not lash out at members. It is a violation of our forum rules.

Thank you!

AngryManMLS likes this.
  7. AngryManMLS

AngryManMLS Active Member

Jan 30, 2014
    MN
    You could just watch Bob's Burgers on Hulu and not have to worry about if the episode records.

8. texasbrit

Aug 9, 2006
    and the probable reason Bob's Burgers is not recording is that you have already recorded the same episode. The DVR will not record duplicates, that is any episode already on disk or which has been on disk in the last 28 days. This is standard procedure. Let's put it another way. If you already have most of the episodes, the DVR won't record anything except the missing episodes. That's how the DVR works.

9. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    I think this thread just needs to go away

AngryManMLS likes this.