Directv 4K & Mini

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by srmotor, Aug 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. srmotor

srmotor New Member

Aug 29, 2016
    Tennessee
    New to this forum. Here goes: On August 9th I had Directv remove my "old" Genie and install a DVR and "Mini" unit for UHD 4K viewing. Since then I have had major problems with audio and video being in sync. It' like watching an old Japanes movie that has been dubbed in English. The audio continually stops and starts during viewing. When this happens the audio gets way behind.

I contacted Directv and have been advised of "CADI" : "Current Active Daily Issue." They say it is a software problem they are working on...with no fix date in site. I was told too bad-so sad. They have also refused to come out and replace the 4K unit with my old Genie type DVR...unless I want to pay for it. If I cancel them they hit me with a big cancellation fee.

So, they advertise and con you into their upgrade, that they already know has a major problem, does not work and then tells you tough luck. Anyone else have this problem with them?

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Welcome to the world of buyer beware.

The HR54 & C61 combo is AT&T/DirecTV first-generation 4K live broadcast equipment. All of DirecTV first generation equipment have been pretty rough in delivering a good performance. Which is often the norm in the electronic world.

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Is actually CADIEs, and it stands for Customer Account Detail Information Element. And yes, your issue is on this "list" replacing your Genie or C61K does nothing

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

4. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Known issue. Until the issue is resolved here's the official pacifier......"Greetings...Thank you for your patience as we continue to find a resolution to this issue. Any updates regarding this issue will be sent to you via email immediately. We will update you as we continue to investigate this issue. We appreciate your support regarding this matter......Thank you for choosing DIRECTV".

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    If you have an Audio Video Receiver for your sound you can go into it's settings and possibly adjust the sound "Delay" and make it better.

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Do offer vaseline with that screw?