Directv Accounts are being slowly transfered to AT&T's web site without any notification

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by mailiang, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Apr 9, 2019 #1 of 44
    mailiang

mailiang Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    Springsteen...
    I tried to log into my Directv account yesterday and was unsuccessful. It seems my account is being transferred to AT&T's web site and will be unavailable to access for a few days. I also have no access to any on-line services which includes Showtime Anytime since my time has expired and requires a new log in. I may experience similar issues if my time with HBO GO or STARZ runs out as well. Although the transition from Directv to AT&T requires you to do a simple new setup procedure, it should be done in a smooth uninterrupted fashion. This is unacceptable.

2. Apr 9, 2019 #2 of 44
    Drp79

Drp79 New Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Are you sure this happened yesterday?

3. Apr 9, 2019 #3 of 44
    mailiang

mailiang Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    Springsteen...
    Last night. Call them today and received confirmation.

4. Apr 9, 2019 #4 of 44
    CTJon

CTJon Godfather

Feb 5, 2007
    Been going on for a good bit of time now- not an excuse for them but there are other comments about same thing happening

5. Apr 9, 2019 #5 of 44
    jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    In October I got an email congratulating me that my account had been upgraded. LOL
    It also showed a new account number for me.

6. Apr 9, 2019 #6 of 44
    MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    I received notification via e-mail on 4 February 19 that my DIRECTV account was being converted to a AT&T account. E-mail informed me of my new account number and provided other information.

7. Apr 9, 2019 #7 of 44
    mailiang

mailiang Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    Springsteen...
    And I bet you didn't temporarily lose access to your account either.:wink: Can you log in with your Directv ID and password or did you have to make changes, which is what AT&T is requesting from me now?

8. Apr 9, 2019 #8 of 44
    b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    I never lost access to my account that I know of. I didn't know I was being transferred until I got the email that it was done. And I hadn't tried to log in to the DirecTV website for weeks before that. When I was on the DirecTV side I could log in with my user name/password or my email address/password. Since being transferred to AT&T I have to use the email address/password. The old DirecTV user name does not work for me at att.com.

9. Apr 9, 2019 #9 of 44
    TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    As I stated on another thread, I called because AT&T migrated me to a new account the day after I sent my monthly payment to the old account. I was unaware of the change, and 7 days later I got a 'you missed your payment' e-mail. Only when I contacted them, did I discover that I now had a new account number. The CSR was great and she initiated a transfer request in order to get the money moved from my old account to my new account. It's a three stage process, but it got done......and they did it in an hour. credit where it's due, but it sure would have made sense to tell me about the migration before I sent my money to the account I'd had for over 20 years. :)

mailiang likes this.
  10. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    After receiving the e-mail my DIRECTV account was no longer accessible. I had to use My AT&T. I was allowed to keep my DIRECTV ID and password.

11. mailiang

mailiang Legend

Jul 30, 2006
    Springsteen...
    Based on the answers to this thread, there doesn't seem to be much consistency when it comes to their changeover policy:smirk:.

12. MysteryMan

May 17, 2010
    USA
    After I was converted I received my DIRECTV bill in the mail. The change hadn't happened yet with billing. It was the DIRECTV account with my original six digit account number. I pay my DIRECTV bill at our area AT&T outlet. I remembered to bring my new account number but even with that the AT&T sales rep had to jump through hoops to get the payment accepted. I can only imagine what would have happened if I mailed my payment.

TDK1044 likes this.
  13. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Just a heads up: This is AT&T we're talking about here. Don't expect logic, consistency, or any consideration for customers' wellbeing.

14. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    I received the e-mail about being switched last Friday, when I went to the Directv website I was directed to the ATT website with the same username and password. My account was not accessible until Monday when i could log in and see my account. I was on autopay and received another e-mail today asking to confirm my e-mail to continue on autopay. They said if I did not confirm they would switch me back to a mailed bill but I did what they asked and I am back to autopay. I called with a question about my bill and they gave me 4 months of Showtime for free. Also while I was looking around the new account page I noticed that I could get a free 3 month trial of HD Extra pack under add/remove programs. I checked the box and now I have those channels activated. They didn't offer any discount but I was already getting $90 a month off so no big deal.

15. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    My DIRECTV bill is due on 4/10, on Sunday I went to pay it and got a popup telling me my account was moving to Myat&t site and should be accessible on Monday, I have internet with them and have an account there, today I signed in to Myat&t and found a notice to sign in to DIRECTV with my DIRECTV user name and password, it worked and had all the info needed to make the payment, credit card, etc, made the payment with no problem.
    My sign in info and payment options for the internet on the site did not change and are different than the DIRECTV info.
    P.S. did not get any other notice of the change of website from them via email or text.

16. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    I noticed mine was changed over last night when I attempted to log in to the ESPN app on the AppleTv.
    No emails or any other communication that things were changing.
    I am unable to log into the old or new account on line.
    Received emails to change my password about 5 times and am still locked out of both accounts.
    Between this and the constant freezing/pixillating I'm about done with it all.
    Been a subscriber to the highest packages since '97.

17. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    When I was transitioned I went thru the same thing. I could log in but I couldn't do anything on the site. Haven't bothered with it since then, don't see any reason to go there.

Rich

18. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    That might be something you could fix.

Rich

19. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    Trying to be polite, don’t even go there.

20. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Mine changed today. No issues. Re logged into everything also with no problems