DirecTV AM-21

Discussion in 'HD Locals' started by ahrjmr, Aug 18, 2019.

1. ahrjmr

ahrjmr Legend

Nov 17, 2004
    DirecTV just installed a Genie HR44-700. I was going to hookup my AM-21 but I can't hook up the power because the receiver doesn't have a slot for it. Does anyone have any suggestions or can't the AM-21 be used anymore?

Thanks,
    Jim

2. reubenray

reubenray Godfather

Jun 26, 2002
    With the HR54 model the AM21 has to have its own separate power supply. Plug in the USB connection between the HR44 and the AM21 and the power cord of the AM21. You should be good to go. Hopefully you have a spare Directv power cord.

3. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    The HR44 works the same way as reubenray posted above - it needs its own power source. Once you have that, you are good to go. I assume you are coming from a HR20's receiver, with the HR44 and HR54, the AM21 will also display channels that are not in the AM21 database, but without guide data. For example, if you have a low-power channel that is not in the database, it will now show in your guide, but the guide data will be "Regular schedule." Same thing if a station that is in the database adds a new subchanel, it will show "regular schedule" until they add it. I see your profile pic is the Sabres - if you are, by chance, near Buffalo and receive Toronto stations, they will also appear in your guide, but with "regular schedule" once again for info.