1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV and Encore

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by lipcrkr, Aug 2, 2012.

1. lipcrkr

lipcrkr Legend

Apr 27, 2012
    I have 8 channels of Encore, but only one of them is HD. Looking at a question from last year, it indicated that there would be 2 Encore HD channels. Am i missing something?

2. lipcrkr

lipcrkr Legend

Apr 27, 2012
    Sorry about the question. Upon further review, apparently Starz owns Encore and DirecTV has of yet, chosen to put more Encore in HD. So as of now, 1 HD channel for Encore.

3. notnufbw

notnufbw Legend

Dec 10, 2006
    I too had Encore but just two days ago it says, "not subscribed" when I click on any of them.......what's up with that?

VR

4. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Do you in fact subscribe to the Encore channels? DirecTV opened them up to all viewers in compensation for the Viacom channels going dark. Now that the contract dispute has been settled and the month is over, it looks as though Encore is again available for those who subscribe (pay) for the channel.

I went to the DirecTV app on my tablet and Encore is no longer being listed as a "subscribed" channel in the DirecTV everywhere module.

5. android.cphone

android.cphone AllStar

Jan 10, 2012
    Encore was in a free trial while direct tv and viacom were in negotiations. The free trial ended july 31

6. lipcrkr

lipcrkr Legend

Apr 27, 2012
    I have the "Choice Ultimate" package which includes 8 channels of Encore although 7 of which SD. Isn't the "Ultimate" the same as "Premium" as far as packages go?
    I don't pay extra for Encore.

7. wahooq

wahooq New Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    encore is only in the ultimate and premiere packages

8. lipcrkr

lipcrkr Legend

Apr 27, 2012
    OK thanks. The great thing is i'm getting the Ultimate package at a discount......$44.99 instead of $74.99.