1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIRECTV Android App - Error

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by RACJ2, Feb 24, 2013.

1. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I think the "Watch On Phone", is a nice feature that on the DIRECTV Android App. The problem is, that the DIRECTV App doesn't work when I'm on WIFI. I can occasional get it to work on my carriers 4G, but that is hit and miss, since it uses a lot of bandwidth.

I'm using a Google Galaxy Nexus smartphone with Jelly Bean v2.2.2. When I open the app, I get the whirling circle. If I hit the back button, then I can select "Watch On Phone", then "TV Shows". Instead of going to the show selection screen, I get "DIRECTV App encountered technical difficulty".

Anyone else on this Android version able to get the feature to work on WIFI?

Attached Files:

2. mikeren1

mikeren1 AllStar

Sep 13, 2008
    Jax, Fl
    Android 4.0.4 here.. ICS i believe..Working fine here on wifi and 4g.

Noticed u wanted only those on that version to check, my bad ..

3. kiknwing

kiknwing Godfather

Jun 24, 2009
    Ogden, UT
    Just checked using my Galaxy Nexus (4.2.2) and its working for me on wifi.

4. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Thanks for the posts! Can't figure out what my issue is. Maybe my Time Warner internet is blocking it, in hope that I'll switch to Time Warner cable. ;)

5. jimmy_27320

jimmy_27320 AllStar

Aug 17, 2007
    Nexus 7 working; I have TW internet.

6. Lugnut

Lugnut AllStar

Feb 11, 2013
    Eagle, Idaho
    I would make sure that port 80 is opened on your router. You may have to forward it to your phone's ip depending on your router manufacturer.