DirecTV Android Phone App Version 4.9.406

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Barry in Conyers, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Barry in Conyers

Barry in Conyers Godfather

Jan 14, 2008
    Metro-Atlanta
    Over the weekend, I un-installed Version 4.9.403 on my Galaxy S-5 and then went to the Play Store and downloaded / re-installed Version 4.9.406 and re-registered the S-5. Note that the "406" version was NOT an automatic update.

It appears that Version 4.9.406 may (at long last) be working correctly.

I can see / watch recordings on my HR44-500 and both of my HR24-500's when connected to my home network via WiFi.

I can see / watch recordings on my HR44-500 and both of my HR24-500's when connected to several different OOH Xfinity WiFi hotspots (I am an Xfinity internet service subscriber). Any data used on a Xfinity hotspot is applied to the "home" account.

I can see / watch recordings on my HR44-500 and both of my HR24-500's when connected via cellular (Verizon). There is a warning about cellular data usage.

I could see / watch recordings on my HR44-500 and both of my HR24-500's when connected via WiFi at a Walmart, but getting connected to the DVR's was very slow.

At two different McDonald's, I could see my HR44-500 and both of my HR24-500's, but trying to play content immediately resulted in "Cannot connect to the DVR." A small sample size, but probably not a coincidence and blocking of DirecTV streaming content seems likely.

I would not be surprised if blocking DirecTV / Dish on retail WiFi hotspots becomes normal. If that happens, Mobile DVR would become essentially worthless.

Just my experience, YMMV.

2. Bronxiniowa

Bronxiniowa Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Iowa
    I think it's a glitch with the app. I have gotten that message when I tried to record a show in my home using the app on my WiFi network.

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    are you sure that you are not streaming the VOD version from the HR24? Steaming from other DVRS has always been possible as long as there is a VOD version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL

I've had some locations that appear to block all video streaming. But another feature of Mobile DVR is the ability to download shows from your Genie to watch on your device without internet.

So I don't think the app would be worthless.

5. Barry in Conyers

Barry in Conyers Godfather

Jan 14, 2008
    Metro-Atlanta
    Some of the recordings on the HR24's are not available via VOD. For example, "This Old House" and "Ask This Old House". The only place they can come from is the recording.

6. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Best way to make sure where is coming from is to pay attention to the header when trying to stream.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk