1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIRECTV App for Android v2.2.2 - Issues and Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by BubblePuppy, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Jun 9, 2012 #1 of 33
    BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    New update available in Google Play Store. See 2nd screen shot for "What's New". The first issue I see is in "Watch On Phone". In "Network" it shows I'm subscribed to HBO and Encore which I'm not. See 1st screen shot.
    The other issue is in the guide listing. Channels that you don't want to be displayed can't be deleted, unlike the "Favorite Channels" options in the receiver.

ForumRunner_20120609_024228.png

ForumRunner_20120609_023649.png

2. Jun 9, 2012 #2 of 33
    dualsub2006

dualsub2006 Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    The app has never had an editable channel listing. You can hide SD channels and OD listings, but you'll see everything else, including SD and HD D* Cinema channels.

I search for shows that I want to record using the D* app. I use i.TV for a guide app. Fully customisable and ad free at this point. Works much better for me.

3. Jun 9, 2012 #3 of 33
    BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    Hmmm... Perhaps I shouldn't have used the word "issue" when describing this flaw in the app. I've been using this app since it was first released so I'm very familiar with it. Being able to edit the guide has always been on my wish list, not just hiding the SD channels.

4. Jun 9, 2012 #4 of 33
    Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    The What's New" text reads more like it should be in the "Description" area, but the new sources are good to have, regardless of how it was presented in the Play Store. :)

5. lokar

lokar Icon

Oct 7, 2006
    Same here, and I still can't watch anything, just a "Sorry, DirecTV has stopped" if I try to watch one of the shows on AUD. Is this app also supposed to let me watch things like ABC on Demand?

6. kiknwing

kiknwing Godfather

Jun 24, 2009
    Ogden, UT
    No, until Directv reaches an agreement with more content providers, we only get HBO, Starz, Encore, cinemax, audience, and sony movie channel.

7. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    You didn't mention what device you're using. There are some devices, like HTC apparently, that Watch on Phone doesn't seem to work with or just aren't supported yet. It works fine on my SGII.

8. Drew2k

Drew2k New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    This update still hasn't fixed the issue where SD channels are displayed in "Browse by Date & Time" mode when "Hide SD Channels" is selected in Settings.

9. Holydoc

Holydoc Legend

Feb 17, 2008
    Panhandle, FL
    BubblePuppy,

I have an HTC Incredible phone and can watch shows fine on it. I tested it with watching "Collective Soul" concert from the Audience network. Worked great.

I could not test a pay channel since I do not subscribe to any of those. :(

10. BubblePuppy

Nov 3, 2006
    There are people who use HTC phones that this feature is not working for them. This could be a screen resolution issue, who knows why it works for some and not others.

11. lokar

lokar Icon

Oct 7, 2006
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with ICS, it is stock and I haven't rooted it or anything.

12. Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter Hall Of Fame

Feb 20, 2009
    ahhh screen resolution(and ppi for the size of screen) issue makes some sense....would need to see if anyone with the SGS3 gets it to work...

posted in other thread Myself and a group over at xda with the EVO 4G LTE all experience this problem, all with devices in different states(unlocked, locked, rooted, bone stock...)...

13. Sgt. Slaughter

Sgt. Slaughter Hall Of Fame

Feb 20, 2009
    ahhh screen resolution(and ppi for the size of screen) issue makes some sense....would need to see if anyone with the SGS3 gets it to work...

posted in other thread Myself and a group over at xda with the EVO 4G LTE all experience this problem, all with devices in different states(unlocked, locked, rooted, bone stock...)...

Just result in getting the "Error in media player" message when try to stream...This being over perfectly working wifi too...

14. Well the information shared was nice and it looks like a good application. I am also android user but never tried this. It works with some channels such as HBO, starz, sony etc. Hope it will be available soon with more channels.

15. fresh801

fresh801 New Member

Sep 3, 2011
    All works fine on my Samsung Galaxy Note.
    With ICS stock

16. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Encore is shown as subscribed under the Networks tab but if I select a movie it says my subscription does not include the channel. :confused:

17. scb147

scb147 Cool Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Same here...

18. morgan79

morgan79 Legend

Oct 9, 2007
    it will not work on my driod 4 some reason...ive tried everything ..
    :mad: it will play the trailiers on encore,hbo. but the sony & audience channels will load up & stop go back to where you select what to watch......yes i have sony channel...any ideas

19. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    For now, you're SOL. Playback of anything other than trailers doesn't work on the DROID 4. Hopefully, DirecTV fixes this sooner than later.

20. freerein100

freerein100 Legend

Dec 13, 2007
    Almost 2 months and video playback is still not fixed for those that get the ...media player error