DBSTalk Forum banner

DIRECTV App for iPad 1.7.x: Issues/Discussion

14K views 58 replies 22 participants last post by  dennisj00 
#1 ·
DIRECTV App for iPad 1.7 is available in the App Store now and through updates on your device.

New feature: Watch AUD Network Anywhere
Now you can watch AUDIENCE NETWORK TV channel on your iPad whenever and wherever you want--at home or on the go. Go to the "Watch on iPad" tab located at the bottom right of the iPad app and select "Live TV" to start watching now.​
Recently Added:
- Enhanced Search functionality to show results as you type, top picks of the week, and listings of programs that you can watch on your iPad.

- Now supports multitasking so you can come back to the app where you left off when switching between apps.

- Improved "Watch on iPad" section for easier navigation and viewing

- Improved Help and Support

- Merg

#2 ·
Okay, I am noticing that the iTunes store keeps flipping back and forth to listing the iPad app as v1.6.6 and v1.7.2. Not quite sure why it is doing that.

To make it even more confusing... Sometimes when I click on the small "i" to bring up the Quick Info box, it will show it as being v1.7.2, but then when I click on the app to open the app page, it shows as v1.6.6.

- Merg

#3 ·
Nice catch! I updated a bunch of apps last night, and might not have found this so quickly without your posts.
For the last 24 hours, my playlist would not update. Hope this fixes that!

Er.... It didn't. After 3 quits and restarts, it's still on
Loading Playlist.
both receivers are shown with green circles and a white check mark.

#4 ·
Still no way to dismiss the detail in guide list view.
Playlist displays shows that are already deleted from HR34 even after pressing update now.

#5 ·
"Laxguy" said:
Nice catch! I updated a bunch of apps last night, and might not have found this so quickly without your posts.
For the last 24 hours, my playlist would not update. Hope this fixes that!

Er.... It didn't. After 3 quits and restarts, it's still on
Loading Playlist.
both receivers are shown with green circles and a white check mark.
I have the same issue

#7 ·
Playlist Shows Deleted Programs and I'm clueless to why?

I have '2' HR20's networked and I see "deleted" programs from both of them on my iPad (not on either HR20 Playlists). Never had this issue on previous versions......any ideas?

Noticed several "Posts" with other people with this same issue.....

Thanks,
John

#11 ·
"Jon" said:
Playlist Shows Deleted Programs and I'm clueless to why?

I have '2' HR20's networked and I see "deleted" programs from both of them on my iPad (not on either HR20 Playlists). Never had this issue on previous versions......any ideas?

Noticed several "Posts" with other people with this same issue.....

Thanks,
John
Clearly a bug.

#12 ·
App is showing in playlist a recording of Weeds on a HR34. Problem is that recording has been viewed and deleted on the HR34, the client won't let me delete it. I've tried shutting down the app, cloud booting the iPad and rebooting the HR34, still there.

#13 ·
RAD said:
App is showing in playlist a recording of Weeds on a HR34. Problem is that recording has been viewed and deleted on the HR34, the client won't let me delete it. I've tried shutting down the app, cloud booting the iPad and rebooting the HR34, still there.
I'm having issues with it not refreshing and removing shows from the app that have been deleted as well.

#15 ·
Issue: Recording via "Sports on Today" Records Wrong Show
At 7:18 today, I realized that I had not set the Giants game to record. I opened up the iPad app and selected the Giants game that was listed under My Teams. I selected the Record option and then selected to have it extended by 90 minutes. A little after 9pm, I went to my PlayList to start playback of the game. I noticed that the item that was currently recording was the NFL Pre-Game Show and was going to until 9:30 (an hour and a half after it was scheduled to end).

At no time in selecting the game to record or adding time to it did it state that it was going to be recording the pre-game. Of course, there's the issue that I didn't want it to record the pre-game as I wanted the game recorded.

- Merg

#17 ·
I do not understand why when switching receivers it wants to either show the HR34 and the receiver I am looking at's playlist together or just show me my HR34 no matter what other receiver I want to look at. Seems hookie.

#18 ·
Jon said:
Anyone know when an update will be issued to address the Playlist showing "Deleted" programs?
I encountered this issue today for the first time. It also happened to be the first time I had deleted any programs from my DVR's since upgrading my iPad 3 to iOS 6. Deleted and reinstalled the DIRECTV iPad app which resolved the issue. The iPad app is now correctly reflecting the programs in place on both of my HD DVR's. I also just deleted the Ravens game which in turn is no longer showing on the iPad app.

#24 ·
dennisj00 said:
In the Sports section, the record item for the Browns / Ravens game is 'Thursday Night Kickoff' 6-8pm.
I had this issue with the Giants game last week. Something they definitely need to work out.

- Merg

The Merg said:
Issue: Recording via "Sports on Today" Records Wrong Show
At 7:18 today, I realized that I had not set the Giants game to record. I opened up the iPad app and selected the Giants game that was listed under My Teams. I selected the Record option and then selected to have it extended by 90 minutes. A little after 9pm, I went to my PlayList to start playback of the game. I noticed that the item that was currently recording was the NFL Pre-Game Show and was going to until 9:30 (an hour and a half after it was scheduled to end).

At no time in selecting the game to record or adding time to it did it state that it was going to be recording the pre-game. Of course, there's the issue that I didn't want it to record the pre-game as I wanted the game recorded.

- Merg

#26 ·
"Tomball" said:
Why won't DTV allow me to stream recorded shows to the iPhone or iPad apps?
It's a feature request that we've asked for. While it is still a possibility, it does not seem like it will happen.

- Merg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.