DIRECTV Apps for Windows Mobile?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by cuibap, Mar 22, 2010.

1. cuibap

cuibap Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    Hi, I was wondering about the development of the scheduling apps for Windows Mobile platform (6.1, 6.5...) Is this something will be available soon or they don't even have it the plan? Thanks

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Since the mobile version of the website works great on WinMo, there's no reason for a platform-specific app.

3. cuibap

cuibap Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    Can you give me the link, please?

4. TITAN_53

TITAN_53 Godfather

Jul 23, 2007
    Did the website not work for any of the other models that got an app? I don't think "the internet is good enough" is a "good enough" reason not to have an app. I would think that if m.directv.com is "good enough" for WinMo then it should be good enough for any smartphone that can browse the web, no?

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    The way I hear it, there are two chances of a WM6.x app... Slim and None. WM7 is already on its way and any app there may or may not be would be a WM7 app.

6. xzi

xzi Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    How about this wording then... people with WinMo phones understand that you really only need one app to do everyone with a Windows Phone... Opera.

7. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    This is my understanding as well. WinMo 6 has gone as far as it is going to go and WinMo 7 won't be backward compatible. While it seems strange, I think it likely that developers will waste no time embracing WinMo 7 and the associated Xbox development platform.

8. TITAN_53

TITAN_53 Godfather

Jul 23, 2007
    FAIL.

This is a reasonable explanation and an understandable one. Guess this is just another reason for me to jump ship to Android.

9. cuibap

cuibap Legend

Sep 14, 2006
    Do we have an API for this scheduler feature? I will write one for Windows Mobile if I have an API for it.

10. xzi

xzi Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    My point is apps should be for things like games, or Slingbox, not websites--I wish these companies would just spend their time making the websites functional for mobile browsers instead of trying to support 9 different phone apps. Design a good mobile website and you just designed for every phone that's ever released.

11. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    opera fail

dH
    IW I WHAd Id dYP. UINm MY LATKJATK

TRANSLATE

EDIT: Above message was typed on a Blackjack2 Windows Mobile Smartphone. Opera remaps half the QWERTY keys to numbers, ignores the Blackjacks Function key (which is used to TYPE numbers), and basically is useless. Looked real nice for reading, but useless if you want to actually type anything.

12. xzi

xzi Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Sounds more like a Blackjack fail to me.

13. Jeremy W

Jeremy W Hall Of Fame

Jun 19, 2006
    No public API.