DirecTv apps

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by spaul, Jul 18, 2009.

1. spaul

spaul Godfather

Jul 18, 2009
    This is my first posting but, have been getting good info and reading from here for some time.My question is about getting the MLB logo to reflect my team the Phillies.I,have tried the on screen app store but, it,s ano go .The weather is right with my zipcode and would think that it would pick up my home team.All I get is the Angles logo since day one .Which I atribute to DirecTv ,s home area.Any imput would be appreciated .

2. shew

shew Cool Member

Mar 26, 2005
    pierre...
    click on the angels score box then click on options then it will give u a list of all 32 teams to chose from u can only choose 1

3. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    True that at that point you can only choose 1, but you can set up a second one. To do this select the "App Store" and under "My TV Apps" arrow to the right. Highlight "My MLB Team", press <Select>, then "Duplicate" and then options to set up your second favorite team.

4. jsquash

jsquash Legend

Apr 10, 2007
    I was wondering if anyone knew how to change the time zone setting on the mlb app. It is set for pacific time zone but I live in Central. It's not a big deal but would be nice to have the right time.

5. spaul

spaul Godfather

Jul 18, 2009
    Thanks Shew for the help your suggestion worked fine.

6. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Whats strange is that it was showing the correct CST zone for me when I first set it up. Then recently, it started showing PST and I can't figure to how to correct it either. And when I select that App and look at the list of the games, they show CST.

7. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Anyone else having problems getting any of the apps/Widgets to work? I've never been able to get them to work.. I have 2 set to work with my HR20 and I have it connected to the internet. I hold the Right button for 10 secs and no apps ever pop up. What am I missing?

8. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Are you able to order VOD using your remote? If you can't, there might be a problem with your internet connection. You can check in the system setups and select "Info" and then "More System Info". Arrow down to see if both "Network" & "Internet" say "Connected".

Also, are you using the original D* remote or an aftermarket? Sometimes the arrow keys aren't set up to do everything the original remote does. That happened with my Panasonic Plasma and an aftermarket remote, so I had to have it learn the commands.

Last, have you tried doing a "Reset" of the receiver to see if that helps?

9. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I am using the regular D* remote that we all received with the HR2x series of IRDs. Nothing special. I can access and d/l movies and programs using DoD, so I am definitely connected to the internet. Both say "Connected" in the setup screen. I reboot my IRDs weekly. Still no go.

10. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007