1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv billing with Verizon

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by PSUfan, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 1, 2007 #1 of 18
    PSUfan

PSUfan Cool Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Just quick question about billing. I have recently changed over to the Verizon bundle package where I recieve on bill for my phone, dsl, and Directv. Is there any price difference when you pay with this option or is it the same as if I had direct billing with Directv?

Thanks,
    Shane

2. Nov 1, 2007 #2 of 18
    jutley

jutley Godfather

Oct 11, 2006
    Although I can't speak for your situation exaclty, my sister has her bundle with D* and Qwest and gets about a $4 per month discount. I would guess that Verizon has a similar deal, but I don't know for sure.

3. Nov 1, 2007 #3 of 18
    kevhow

kevhow AllStar

Aug 21, 2006
    I used to have my Directv service on my Verizon bill, and it saved me $2 a month. When I cancelled my Verizon telephone, they forced me to start getting a bill directly from Directv..... and now my Directv bill includes a $6 per month credit from Verizon.... I'll take it, but I think it's odd that I still get a credit because of my relationship with Verizon.... even though I no longer have a relationship with them....

4. Nov 1, 2007 #4 of 18
    Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    i have my directv bundled with all of my at&t services... the billing of the d* remains separate from everything else... but there is a $5 credit on the bill every month...

5. Nov 1, 2007 #5 of 18
    Blackz06

Blackz06 AllStar

Mar 5, 2007
    I have the Verizon phone, FiOS, and D* bundle. I'm saving $20 a month. This offer was thru Verizon, not D*. To make a long story short I got a flyer in the mail from Verizon, saying get D* and save. Called them up and said I already have D*, they said no problem. They gave me a $20 discount every month for 2 years. The lady said when the 2 years is up to call back and hopefully will have another similar promotion going on. FWIW, I got the flyer about 5 months ago.

6. Nov 1, 2007 #6 of 18
    jtn

jtn Banned User

Oct 18, 2007
    Yes carriers will continue deals to keep you happy sometimes. I wish it were consistent however. Shouldn't be a role of the dice. Glad your getting good promos.

7. Nov 1, 2007 #7 of 18
    MikeR

MikeR Hall Of Fame

Oct 5, 2006
    I just bundled my billing w/Verizon landline. $15/month for 1 year. DSL is unavailable in my part of the HOA (CO is located about 1 mile away).

8. Nov 1, 2007 #8 of 18
    dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    the current discount is $2 off ur directv amount for a double play and $6 off directv for a triple play.

the D* portion of ur Vz bill is one month behind.. (or is that just my bill) but that depends on the day of ur D* bill and the day of ur Vz bill cycle.

so for example my D* bill cycle is on the 18 on the 18 Vz withdraws my my D* ballance and applys it to nexts months Vz bill. so if i order a ppv today i wont get billed from it till dec's Vz bill as the 18 has already passed and last months has already been withdrawn.

but the additional discount for a Vz bundle is applies to your Vz freedom calling plan.

9. Nov 2, 2007 #9 of 18
    Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    I hadn't understood how you could join your Verizon and D bill together. Because as things like NFL Sunday Ticket are added and then paid off the D bill changes. I was talking to someone at Verizon who must have not known what he was talking about because he wanted me to tell him what my D bill was per month. I told him I couldn't do that because it would change if I added anything or if something was paid off. Of course my D bill stays so high I don't need anything else added to it ;)

10. MikeR

MikeR Hall Of Fame

Oct 5, 2006
    It was explained to me that I could still use the Directv site (or call) to add/delete programming. It is still too early for me to confirm, but I believe Verizon just receives the final bill from Directv, and do not track "in-month".

11. Blackz06

Blackz06 AllStar

Mar 5, 2007
    Correct, that's what I do.

12. 5678YN

5678YN Legend

Jun 29, 2007
    I just combined my verizon cell and home phone into one bill and was told a couple months ago that adding Directv was coming.

Look's like it's here. Do I contact Verizon or D* to get my D* bill switched to Verizon???

13. MikeR

MikeR Hall Of Fame

Oct 5, 2006
    Contact Verizon

14. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    I wish i had gotten a flyer for the $20.00 off deal i just signed up and i only get $6.00 off my bill.

15. funhouse69

funhouse69 Icon

Mar 26, 2007
    I got FIOS Internet / Phone back at the Beginning of the year and when I signed up they told me that if I bundled my Home Phone, Cell Phone (which is also Verizon), Internet and D* I would get a ton of discounts on each account on what they called "One Bill". The discounts were supposed to total about $40 a month which would have almost paid for one of the services.

Well I said why not, go for it, to make a long painful story short it took Verizon something like 7 months to figure out how to get my One Bill set up and even to date I'm still having issues. Believe me as much as you think there is a way for the company to deal with each of their divisions don't believe for a second that it is actually going to happen.

To be fair they did give me a credit of $98 dollars saying that is the discount that I would have received over the months. I told them that the person I spoke to when I signed up told me that I would be saving almost $10 on each of my services they basically laughed at me and called me a liar. Since I have no way to prove it there isn't anything that I can do.

I get $6 off my D* bill & $6 off my Cell Phone bill per month which is better than nothing I guess.

16. PSUfan

PSUfan Cool Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks for all the replies! Just wanted to make sure there was no funny business here. I am receiving a $6 credit each month as well.

Thanks,
    Shane

17. Dolly

Dolly Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    That's another problem I have with Verizon. I have them for my home phone service and they are awful :raspberry They do well to keep my phone service going. I don't think I would want them to try to do a lot with my billing. Anyway IMHO you don't get that much saving just combining D and your phone bill. That would be all I would have to combine. And as I said before my D bill is so high I don't need anything else to go with it :D

18. Impala1ss

Impala1ss Godfather

Jul 22, 2007
    My sister sells D* for Verizon in New York. I just learned that where we get free Premium with the NFL package for 4 months, they get free Premium for 12 months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.