1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTv Buys Dan Patrick & Tony Bruno Shows

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by sarhaynes, Oct 21, 2009.

1. sarhaynes

sarhaynes AllStar

Dec 10, 2006
    I got this news burb and thought it was interesting.

http://www.rbr.com/media-news/17920.html

Is this going to be in the Audio Channels (800's)?

2. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Dan Patrick is a video simulcast on "The 101." I'd suspect Tony Bruno to be the same.

3. sarhaynes

sarhaynes AllStar

Dec 10, 2006
    OK. That makes sense.

4. Ice Runner

Ice Runner Legend

Sep 30, 2008
    Bruno's show is on the radio late in the evening, eastern time.

5. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    Not as good as his old show w/ Willard IMO.

6. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    Bruno has had quite a few homes, but his best gig is on KNBR in SF with Gary Radnich...they often call it the best 30 mins in radio. You can catch it on CSNCA. I would suspect as others have said that the show may show up on The 101. The only thing is Bruno moves around more than DP, this week Bruno is in PA. So setting up a broadcast from a studio could be tougher.

On a side note, I think The Content Factory was owned by the brother of NBC Sports president??? There was some sort of relationship there I am pretty sure. I also wonder how this will play into Fox Sports Radio, they were using both shows to fill some of their times.

7. BigJ52

BigJ52 Godfather

Jul 29, 2007
    Agree the 30 minute segment with Radnich is a great listen. I actually DVR just those 30 minutes each day and watch it when I get home from work.

I also enjoy the Bruno show so if it will also be on tv, even better!

8. Marvin

Marvin Godfather

Sep 13, 2003
    THATS (not) AN OUTRAGE!

can't you already watch him on FSR's studio webcam when he's in the studio in LA?

9. nitty316

nitty316 Legend

Aug 27, 2008
    I've listened to every DP show for the last 6 months. I really enjoy that show. Excellent stuff. Very fun show to listen to.

10. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    Yes, but when you see Dan Patrick's show on the 101, you will see a difference between a webcam and HD cameras and production.

I think this is great and would make a great evening addition to the 101.

11. Red Dog

Red Dog Godfather

Aug 3, 2008
    Used to listen to Tony Bruno a lot about 5 years ago when he had a national morning show on Fox Sports Radio with Andrew Siciliano and Krystal Fernandez. Really good show.

12. Ice Runner

Ice Runner Legend

Sep 30, 2008
    My only beef with DP, who does a terrific show, is that he hardly ever talks hockey. Other than that, it's entertaining.

13. Force3dFX

Force3dFX Cool Member

Sep 23, 2007
    thank god he doesn't talk hockey. Directv should do a howard style channel that repeats these kind of shows all day so you can catch them anytime.

14. bigpuma

bigpuma Legend

Feb 15, 2004
    I remember listening to him when he was on ESPN radio with Mike Golic, before Greenburg teamed up with Golic.

15. jurples

jurples Mentor

Jan 11, 2008
    i wonder if jim rome's show and/or the petros papadakis and matt "money" smith program will soon follow.

16. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    Rome is on Premiere Radio Networks and his radio show is licensed to other radio stations. He is not allowed to appear on television or even the in-studio webcams because of his TV contract with ESPN. I would doubt he would ever be added to something like this until that changes.

It would probably be pretty easy to add Hartman/Myers and Money/Petros from the afternoon FSR lineup. They already have the in-studio webcams. Shouldn't be too hard to add a couple of real cameras and put it on the 101. Only problem with that is that you are talking about filling the day with nothing but talk radio. Don't know how that fits in to their programming plans.

17. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    I record the HD version of the show every week day, and play it back while I do various chores around the house. It is an excellent show.

I also record Mike and Mike in the Morning and do pretty much the same thing, but I find the constant long commercial breaks and breaks for ESPN updates to be tedious. DP is a much smoother flowing show, without the excessively long commercial breaks.

18. jefbal99

jefbal99 Hall Of Fame

Sep 7, 2007
    Yup, I used to record M&M, but there show has gotten very old. I'm a big DP fan and either listen online at work or record the show. Heck I was traveling across the UP of Michigan last week and I tethered my cell to my laptop and streamed his show because there is nothing up there to listen to :)

19. biggie4852

biggie4852 AllStar

Jul 9, 2007
    I record DP every day and really enjoy watching the show in the afternoon. A big plus is the whole show last about 1 1/2 hours minus the breaks, so I can watch in the time it takes to cook and eat dinner... Yes I cook, my wife is a micro wave queen.