1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV Caribbean

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ckg1999, Jul 21, 2010.

1. ckg1999

ckg1999 Mentor

Jan 9, 2006
    All,

I tried searching for my questions, but came to no avail.

I currently reside in CONUS and have a slimline, HR24, etc...

I am moving to St. Kitts and would LOVE to have NFL Sunday Ticket. I know DirecTV has a Caribbean plan, which would include a new dish, etc. Their site seems to be a bit vague about whether or not I can use my existing HR22, 24, etc. (Trying to save money since I will only be down there two years max).
    "Therefore a box from the USA may not work in the Caribbean region."

Also, what dish will they be installing?

I hope that with this, DirecTV can at least suspend my US service and save some money.

Thanks all for the help!

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
  3. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    Sorry I can't help you with your question. Didn't even know they had DIRECTV in the Caribbean. May have to move there, since you pay $28 for the package and can get NFL ST for $100, w/o having to haggle [link].

4. azarby

azarby Hall Of Fame

Dec 15, 2006
    If I was living on St Kits, DTV or watching TV would be the last thing I would be doing. :lol::lol::lol:

5. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Try the movers connection and see what they tell you

6. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    DirecTV (USA) and DirecTV (Latin America) of which DirecTV Carribbean is a sub-unit are two different companies. DirecTV Group, which owns DirecTV USA only owns 50% of DirecTV Latin America. You are not going to get some "mover's connection" type service. Your best bet would be to suspend your US service and establish a new account there. However, if you look at the website, St. Kitts is not one of the countries they even list as a place they do business, although it cannot hurt to ask.

7. mechanicman

mechanicman New Member

Sep 7, 2007
    direct tv is too weak a signal in caribbean. directv latin is strong.. but mostly spanish and different programming completely.

dishnetwork is strong enough in caribbean. puerto rico does dish for sure..thats why signal is good.

8. ckg1999

ckg1999 Mentor

Jan 9, 2006
    Thanks all for the responses.

I know that there are sports bars that have NFL Sunday Ticket. Has to be DirecTV, right? May end up with keeping my DTV in the states and use a slingbox.

9. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    If you look through the link I posted, you can get the Sunday Ticket [in SD] without issues, all over down there.
    Here's what the footprint seems to be for 95W:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 95W.GIF
      95W.GIF
      File size:
      46.6 KB
      Views:
  10. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    VOS you never cease to amaze me with your attachments. Sometimes I think you are a living, breathing EE textbook based on some of the stuff you post. :D Now you have a coverage map. Do you make these as needed or do you have a source somewhere?

11. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    Yeah, my very own "google" :lol:
    "95w satellite footprint" worked

12. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Huh, I didn't know such stuff existed... :lol:

13. ckg1999

ckg1999 Mentor

Jan 9, 2006
    Thanks guys! I guess I had no idea 95w was the satellite used by DTV to push the channels down there. Guess I need to get used to the fact that I will have a nice, large, 1m dish instead of the "smaller" slimline.

Too bad Sunday Ticket is in SD :-(.

14. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    Not sure, but the dish I posted also has the LNB for the 101 SAT and with the larger reflector [dish] seems to have enough gain to still pickup 101 down there. This seems to explain the programing offered on the website. SD off 101 and 6 Latin HD off 95. It also looks like this package can be used with a US account.

15. Caribtech

Caribtech New Member

Oct 26, 2010
    hi, did you resolve this issue yet?

16. ckg1999

ckg1999 Mentor

Jan 9, 2006
    I did. Just wound up getting cable and using a friend's slingbox to watch the games. Works perfectly.

Thanks to all for the help!