Directv channel question.....

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by billjr, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Nov 8, 2019 #1 of 10
    billjr

billjr New Member

Jan 18, 2008
    I've had Directv since 1996 and the costs have just gotten out of control. I see where I can save a bunch on a lesser package but I can't find if a certain channel is in the lower package. Can anyone who has the basic or I guess it's called the "Select Package" tell me if you get the ShopLC channel, 226 in you package? For whatever reason this channel doesn't show up on any of their packages. All the other channels we watch are in the Select Package which I would like to change to from Ultimate.
    I'd appreciate your help, that's one of my wife's favorites even though she's not a big buyer.

Thanks, Bill

2. studechip

studechip Godfather

Apr 16, 2012
    I can't say for sure, but since it's a shopping channel it's probably in the basic package. Did you try calling and asking?

3. billjr

billjr New Member

Jan 18, 2008
    That was the first thing I did. Have you ever talked to any of their reps? Not a one had any idea of what I was talking about and continually referred me to their channel line up on their web site. If it was there I wouldn't have had to call in the first place. Anyway I did find it here..... List of DirecTV channels – TVCL – TV Channel Lists I hope that doesn't violate any rules here posting that. Anyway, thank you for responding, I appreciate your time.

Bill

studechip likes this.
  4. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    You're right. ShopLC, channel 226, doesn't show in any of the packages listed at Dashboard page on my Directv account. But since this URL is in a "myuverse" folder, does it really apply to DIRECTV??

FWIW, I have I have "DIRECTV CHOICE Standard" which is $25 (plus tax) cheaper than "DIRECTV ULITIMATE Standard". I do receive ShopLC on channel 226.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  5. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Nice find. I discovered that, surprise, surprise, there are some channels that the DTV site said I don't get that I actually do get. Hopefully this chart gets it right, although it must be a bear to maintain.

6. billjr

billjr New Member

Jan 18, 2008
    makaiguy....Thank you for your response. Knowing it's also in the Choice package makes me think that as a shopping channel it's in all of them as studechip mentioned. I'll find out for sure tomorrow when I change my package. For whatever reason it won't let me make this downgrade online so I'll wait and do it tomorrow when hopefully they'll be fully staffed on case of any issues.

7. techguy88

techguy88 Active Member

Mar 19, 2015
    All of the shopping channels like ShopLC, QVC, etc are in select

8. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Yada Yada Yada DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    [​IMG]

9. billjr

billjr New Member

Jan 18, 2008
    techguy88...Thank you for your helpful response.

10. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    The Boston market also has it as a local... channel 46 WWDP in HD. It is Shop LC for 22 hours per day 5 days a week and all day on weekends. I am sure other markets do too, probably just the biggest ones.