Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Cinema Field Trial (private)' started by Greg Alsobrook, May 28, 2010.
Channel 1096 was down for some time but should be back up now.
Two of my HR20-70s can get 1096 while one HR20-700 and one HR22-100 can not get 1096 and I recieve the blue message that says 1096 is not currently available.
All DVRs were getting 1096 previously although I lost 1096 on all DVRs last night and for most of today.
Still down on my HR24....I know no movies were avaialble...but the main screen isn't even up.
Watched "The Road" today on my HR22-100.
It asked me to buy it right away. Is that normal with VOD PPV? Does it not give you the first 5 minutes free?
Also, under cast & crew, all of the names from Joh Hillcoat to the end showed up with "unknown credit type" after their names, instead of actor or director, etc.
My 1096 on both HR24 and HR20-700 say "Channel 1096 (Cinetest) not available" so mine aren't "blank" as described.
Channel 1096 is back on all of my DVR's. I added around 50 movies to the queue of each DVR. I am curious to see if this results in more movies being available.
All back to "normal" here.
Absolutely nothing in my playlist ... it's "only" been ~6 days. I sincerely hope this isn't the way it will work in the end. If so it's :nono2::nono2::nono2:.
This is a field trial, folks, it's not supposed to work right yet or else they wouldn't need a field trial! Let's all collect ourselves and realize that DIRECTV is giving us free movies here and calm down if they aren't appearing immediately.
On both my DVR's, when chan. 1096 comes up, the left side of the "Top Picks" that shows "The Lovely Bones" is highlighted white. I also can't highlight anything in "Top Picks" except "Men Who Stare at Goats" which is in my Q.
I could access 1096 again, but the section for "The Lovely Bones" was "whited out" and not selectable. (It was available from the left menu, under All. I could move the selection highlight to "The Men who stared at Goats", but could not move it down to "The Fantastic Mr Fox."
1096 is back on my HR21-100 but the Top Pick "Lovely Bones" is kind of fogged out.
Still only have received 1 queue entry in my PLAYLIST in over 96 hours. This is clearly an issue that needs correction.
1. This is a test, if everything worked right then they wouldn't need us.
2. So far I have successfully watched 4 movies: The Wolfman, The Road, Tooth Fairy & Avatar.
3. Not all of these movies appeared in my playlist and it is important to note in your reports where you started the movie from. For Example.. The Wolfman was not in my playlist on May 30th. I was reviewing the movies in my Que and as I was never a PPV user, I was getting acquainted with the Que. I selected The Wolfman and opened it up.. was looking at the info, cast crew, etc., and noticed in the right hand column that there was a "Watch Now" choice. I selected and there it was, I watched the entire movie.
4. Interesting note: on June 1st, The Wolfman which I had deleted from my Que when I finished watching it on May 30th showed up in my playlist.
5. Avatar was in my Que all day yesterday with a checkmark next to it but wasn't showing in my Playlist. I started the movie from the Que and had to interrupt it. By the time I got back to it, it had moved into the playlist.
6. Be aware that some of the movies listed are NOT available. For example "When in Rome" (rel 6/15) is not available yet. I believe though I have no certain knowledge, that they are testing a feature similar to the Netflix Que, wherein you can list a movie in your Netflix Que BEFORE it even goes to the theaters. The movie remains in your Netflix Que until it becomes available. 2 other movies not currently available are "She's Out of My League" (rel 6/22) and "The Book of Eli"(rel 6/15).
7. What will be interesting to note is how quickly we see these movies that have not been releases show up in our Playlist in relation to their official release dates.
8. I have one remaining unwatched movie in my Playlist: "Dear John" which brings my total to 5 so far.
As stated before, the 24's will need a CE before they are up and running with the trial.
Please detail your issue a bit more. List out the movies you have added to the queue, when they were added, and the receiver(s) it was done on. The more information the better.