DIRECTV Cinema Field Trial, Week 4 (6/18) - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'DIRECTV - Cinema Field Trial (private)' started by davemayo, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davemayo

davemayo Hall Of Fame

Nov 17, 2005
    I have received 0 movies. Not much testing I can do.

2. Zyeox

Zyeox AllStar

Feb 21, 2006
    I believe they are testing how much can we string along ppl before they break!! LOL!!

3. afulkerson

afulkerson MI Citizen Corps Vol of Year

Jan 14, 2007
    I have yet to receive any movies that have been in my queue of 13 movies across 3 receivers. :(

4. LameLefty

LameLefty I used to be a rocket scientist

Sep 28, 2006
    Middle...
    After last week's CE made me RBR my HR22 (which then triggered some kind of "automatic reset to system defaults and wipe the drive" :p), I had to go back and add items to my Queue for that box. I added Shutter Island the other day after enough time had passed to load up all the Guide data. It appeared in my List last night, but that's the only thing that has.

5. geaux tigers

geaux tigers Icon

Nov 10, 2005
    One thing that I would like is a for an expected release date to be listed next to the mvie in the queue. This way the customers would have a better idea of when to expect the movie to be available for watching.

I swapped out all of my DVRs for HR24s and I thought that I had Youth in Revolt as a movie that was available for watching. Has anyone been able to watch Youth in Revolt? However, all I have right now that is available for watching is Book of Eli and When in Rome.

A release date next to the movie would be a great improvement in my opinion.

6. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Wife put "When in Rome" in the Q last night.

It showed up in the playlist today and watching it now.

7. Blurayfan

Blurayfan Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Illinois
    I received my seventh movie today between my 3 receivers.
    Four were added to my HR24-500 playlist and three were in my HR21-700. The HR21-200 had a few of the movies from each duplicated. Some titles in my queue have not been received by any of the DVRs.

8. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Nothing has showed up lately. I am going to try that delete everything and re-add it idea and see if that helps.

9. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    We have watched a couple movies the last few days, and have a couple more that showed up in the Q.

I really like the Q setup. I won't be using Netflix any longer when this hits publicly.

10. Canis Lupus

Canis Lupus You make it, We break it

Oct 16, 2006
    Same here. Think she's gonna try to watch it tonight via MRV. :)

11. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    You just made me realize that I have The Wolfman showing up in my List in the Living room, but it doesn't show up in my List (MRV) in the Master Bedroom while other movies do show up. :confused:

12. Canis Lupus

Oct 16, 2006
    Did you buy it? You need to buy it for it to show in MRV

EDIT: Oh you mean 2 different authorized DVRs?

13. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Doh!

You're right. They don't show up in other playlists until you buy it.

Thanks, that was starting to drive me crazy. :lol:

14. Canis Lupus

Oct 16, 2006
    Yeah basically the wife needs to have me Buy upstairs on the HR24 before she can then enjoy it on the H24 downstairs.

15. DanER40

DanER40 Legend

Oct 25, 2007
    Is there going to be a movie of the week or something that is pushed to everyone's queue? So far Book of Eli and She's out of My League are instantly available. I also noticed Cheech and Chong's movie was removed from my queue. Is it that bad it was remove automatically or is there some sort of glitch?

16. paulman182

paulman182 Hall Of Fame

Aug 4, 2006
    I cancelled my Netflix and went back to the premium channels, but I would prefer this system to Netflix, also, if it were at a lower price.

We do two or three PPVs per month and I can't see us increasing that very much unless the price comes down.

17. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    I noticed last night that some movies were ready to play that were not in my Q on 1096. I will check them out today and report back :)

18. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I canceled Netflix as well too, I like this system better and I haven't been streaming enough stuff from Netflix to justify it.

Wife watched "She's out of my league" last night and she said that it played perfectly, she likes this system over Netflix as well.

19. cheesedjdj

cheesedjdj Legend

Jan 20, 2010
    nothing new here for me

20. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I wonder why some people don't get anything and I have been getting lots of downloads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.