Directv Colombia

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Joselito, Aug 23, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Joselito

Joselito New Member

Aug 22, 2015
    Houston
    I have seen similar questions here in the forum about this topic, but i am not still sure about what kind of dish I need to buy to make my already activated High Definition receiver (Model LH27-0-100) work here in Houston TX, i have also the LNB (dual LNB-W), some people comments about this are:

Option 1 - DirecTV International World Direct Satellite Dish DTV36EDS (not work for High definition channels)

Option 2 -New DIRECTV WorldDirect dish with LNBFs for 95W and 101W (DTV66E) (not sure about this one)

Option 3 -DIRECTV Five LNB Ka/Ku Slim Line Dish Antenna for MPEG-4 C HD Programming SL5 (AU9-S) (not sure this one, i have already the LNB)

Thank You for your support

Joselito

2. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Don't think you will ever be able to get a signal from the satelites for Columbia in Texas.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I plugged in Galaxy 3C for Ohio and still got positive numbers. Unless I'm looking at the wrong satellite, I wasn't getting actual negative numbers until put in Nome. Though obviously too low positive wouldn't work either but it didn't seem much different than DirecTV-10.

4. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Gold Club DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    If you are trying to receive DirecTV Latin America service intended for people in Columbia, the footprint used to serve Colombia is weak as it enters the US. The footprints were designed to cover their service area. Sending signals to locations where there are no people (oceans or the waters of the Gulf of Mexico) or no subscribers (where DirecTV Latin America operates) is wasteful. One might physically be able to receive a usable signal along the Mexican border. But Houston is too far north for normal antennas.

DirecTV USA offers subscription packages in the US that may (or may not) provide the desired content. The US packages are available throughout the US on beams designed for the North American footprints.
    http://www.directv.com/international/en_espanol

5. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Directv uses multiple beams for their Latin American coverage depending on where they are serving. The beam that serves Columbia probably doesn't even reach Mexico, there's no way you'd get it in Texas.

6. samrs

samrs MANC

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    If I took my Genie to Canada or Columbia and asked for help, shut down.