"DIRECTV DVR with Tivo"??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by timmy2, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timmy2

timmy2 Cool Member

Jan 7, 2007
    I posted a question yesterday asking what the currently shipping DVR model is so I could download the manual. A helpful forum member replied that it's the R15. From my read of the manual (and the associated forum) this ain't no Tivo. Yet I distinctly recall the CSR who sold me my new package referred to the DVR as a Tivo. Moreover, when I registered for online access at step 3 under the section "Package interest - Optional Fields" one of the selections is:

"DIRECTV DVR with Tivo"

What's the deal? I love my Series 1 Tivo (modified with 320GB), especially its user-interface.

2. wmschultz

wmschultz DBSTalk Club Member DBSTalk Club

Jul 18, 2006
    They just aren't manufacturing/shipping DirecTV Tivo units any longer. DirecTV ended their relationship with TIVO in regards to new devices.

3. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    The last SD DirecTV DVR With Tivo, is an R10.

You would have to purchase it via Ebay, or a retailer that still carries them.. (there are not many)

4. bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    DirecTV hasn't offered a Tivo based SD DVR in over a year now. The R15 is the current model and it's not Tivo based.

5. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    I think I read on here a while back that although they no longer offer TiVo units, that part of the web site (with that title) has not yet been updated to remove the TiVo reference.

6. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    There isn't any Tivo with D. Comcast signed a multi year contract with Tivo according to Mediaweek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.