1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV Genie1 with Bridge saying which TV to replace?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by JEFFREY Webb, Feb 12, 2018.

1. JEFFREY Webb

JEFFREY Webb New Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Hey Guys,
    I'm new to DirecTV. I have a Genie1 with a bridge, 3 wireless mini-genies and 2 4K wired devices. So I have 6 TVs I can currently watch. Today I tried to add another wireless devices and a screen popped up and said something like "I had reached my limit of wireless devices and which one did I want to replace" So it appears my bridge only supports 5 wireless devices (the 4K wired act as wirelss devices). In order to add the new one I had to jump through hoops, enter codes, etc in order to SWAP the new one for one of the others (and it took on the personna "Name" of the one so the new one in the bedroom could now be called BAR.. Here's my question. If I had added this last TV as a totally WIRED device would I not have gotten this error and everything would have been fine? I have two more TVs to add and if I need to wire these I will. I just dont want to still get this REPLACE option.

(I hardwired the entire house so everything wired is a possibility. I have two more TVs to add. DirecTV customer support is a joke. I was on the phone with them for 3 hours tonight, chat for 30 minutes before that and I still dont think I got anything accomplished)

2. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I think being hard wired would be the best thing you can do. Sounds like you can do that easily. Wireless can be a bit of a PITA.

Rich

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    What do you mean by Genie1? You have 6 TV's and 2 4K receivers. That reads like a Genie 2.

Do you have a HR54 or HS17?

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Welcome to the Site!

I would suggest you Direct you call to Solid Signal -They can work within your D* account and help you to expand your system - Call them and see if they can help you

Solid Signal

5. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    I had the same issue.
    I have an HR54-500, C41W-100, and 2 C61K-700s. I also have 2 HR24s but that shouldn't matter.
    I purchased an additional C61k and when I attempted to activate I got the same message.
    I ended up having to replace the C41W in order to get the new C61k to connect.
    My account still lists the C41W but not the new C61k.

6. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Welcome to the forums!

The 4k clients do not ever act as wireless clients. Not sure why you would think that.

Did you call dtv?

When you add a client you have to have DIRECTV add an additional location for that unit or it forces you to replace a location you already have active. You can tie up to 8 clients to a single genie but only three can be used at any one time simultaneously.

So you had 5 client locations being paid for and you have to make that six to add an additional client.

With that all said, Its possible the wording on screen was incorrect and simply added the wireless part because you where trying to add a wireless client.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. inkahauts

inkahauts Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2006
    Again you’d need to add an additional location and pay the additional $7 a month to simply add a location instead of replacing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro