1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV HR24 records programs I didn’t set to record!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by lschwarcz, Jun 19, 2017.

1. lschwarcz

lschwarcz Mentor

Sep 1, 2006
    Hi Everyone,

Occasionally I’ll see a show was recorded on my HR24 in my listings that I did not set to record. In this image you’ll see two that recorded; Diesel Brothers and Vegas Rat Rods. I don’t watch either of these nor do I have any interest in them.

Discovery_Shows_Recorded.jpg

This has happened a number of times now. And each time it happened I have called DirecTV and they don’t have any idea why or how to stop it.

Both of them, on the "Info," page say, "Series Manager: 3 of 31."

The third show in my Series Manager is Fast N' Loud.

I can only think of two reasons why these shows were recorded.
    1. I have two “Auto-record” shows set and both are on this same channel. I highly doubt the show name I have set for auto-record is anywhere in the description of either of these shows unless there’s some part in the recorded show description that says, “If you liked the show, [my auto-record show], then you may like this show.”

2. Maybe that during that time period a show that I do watch was set to record, the schedule changed from my show to these shows but the buggy software didn’t know to then not record after the schedule changed.
    Does anyone have any solid idea why these get recorded and how I can stop this?

Thanks!
    Larry.

2. lyradd

lyradd Legend

Mar 20, 2006
    I get the same thing happening on my HR24 & HR44. I also record Fast N' Loud on the HR24. On the HR44 I record Meateater and it will record other shows also. Someone said it had something to do with guide data. It doesn't happen all the time and I just delete the unwanted programs.