Directv iPad app (Version 4.7.102)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by billraff, Nov 27, 2016.

1. billraff

billraff New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Can someone test the following and see if the issue is with the app or just me?
    In the app on the Home screen select 'Edit Homescreen' on the bottom right.
    Add the 'Channel Guide' module to the homescreen. Edit the module and select a channel.
    See if you get two weeks worth of guide as stated in the module description. For me I'm lucky to get 12 hours.
    Thanks.

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    There has been a lot of discussions here lately on the iPad. You may want to search the Forums here to see if they relate to your issue.

3. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yep, this was something that was noticed on the iPhone app awhile ago and I guess nobody had bothered to check the iPad app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    On my iPad using that module only gives me about 12 hours too. But if I use the guide tab, it goes out 2 weeks. Not sure why anyone would use the Channel Guide module in the first place since it uses up so much real estate for just one channel.

5. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    while the Guide does allow two weeks I kind of understand why someone would use the Channel Guide module since the guide needs to refresh everytime you advance the screen, kind of annoying.

6. poppo

poppo Hall Of Fame

Oct 10, 2006
    But the channel guide is only for one channel, and how many people only care about the guide on one channel? Sure you can add as many as you want, but then you have to scroll around looking for the one you want, and with only 3 displayed on a screen at once (vice 10 for the guide), IMO it is a waste of real estate and takes more time to navigate than the guide refreshing. You can also filter the guide to make it refresh a lot faster.

That said, I do agree that the description is incorrect for the channel guide module. But then again, there are so many other bugs with the app, that nothing surprises me.

7. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I think the Channel Guide module worked best on the iPhone app since it let you select any channel on the fly. I do agree that a module is kind of pointless.

8. billraff

billraff New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Thanks for the confirmation this is indeed broken. I often would use it to look at upcoming movies for Turner Classic Movies and other movie channels. I could schedule movies to record within a two week window. Or could when it was working. Really don't like the fact that it now shows a poster view. It used to make a nice compact list with an info button you could tap to get further details. They've added more to it than necessary and made it rather unwieldy. Subtraction by addition I guess.