DirecTV iPhone app (v. 3.6.007), iOS 8.1

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by kram, Oct 23, 2014.

1. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    Searched the forums, but couldn't find anything related to my problem. Have an iPhone 6, running iOS 8.1. Using the latest DTV app (version 3.6.007, released 9/9/14 -- the only version available in the App Store). Since Tuesday, I've experienced all of the following:
    • Unable to set a recording to any receiver in my network (get a "confirmation fail" error message)
    • Unable to view what's currently playing (just keeps saying "Loading Content")
    • Unable to load any content
    • Error messages saying that the app can't access my receivers
    • Error messages saying rhe the app is unable to load
    Currently (as I write this post), the app is totally useless -- it's just spinning its wheels, loading no content. I've done three soft resets and deleted and reinstalled the app four times. Nothing helps.

The DTV app on my iPad (version 3.1.14) is working fine.

Just wondering if anyone else is having these problems.

Thanks.

2. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    When I opened it the up, it gave me a message about not being able to download my receiver list. I force closed it, and manually entered my IP addresses and it seems to be working fine

3. kram

kram Godfather

Sep 3, 2006
    peds48: Where in the app is the option to add IP addresses manually? I don't see it.

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Click the remote control icon or click “draw” icon on the top left

5. Sully

Sully AllStar

Dec 5, 2005
    Decorah, IA
    I had the same problem. I ended up deleting and reinstalling the app, after which everything started working again.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk