Directv merged account question?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Megan, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Apr 9, 2019 #1 of 19
    Megan

Megan New Member

Sep 2, 2017
    Hello!
    I got the message yesterday that my Directv account was being merged with my AT&T account. ( I had heard about this happening to others). My question is this.... until yesterday, I could stream TV shows through the corresponding network TV apps, TLCgo, A&E, MTV, etc. today I cannot do that. Do I need to do anything on the myAT&T app (or vice versa) to get this to work again?

Thanks!
    Megan

2. Apr 9, 2019 #2 of 19
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Maybe while they're converting your account you don't have access??

When my account was converted earlier this year, I did not lose my authentication to stream channels on my Roku or Fire TV devices. And it still shows DIRECTV as my provider.

3. I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE CowboySooner

Oct 3, 2006
    Northern plains
    You will need to set up a new login name and password on the AT&T site then use that password for your login’s on your devices

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I'm still using my original login and password from my DIRECTV account -- the home page and my account number is all that changed for me.

compnurd likes this.
  5. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    Same

6. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    Me 2.

7. grover517

grover517 AllStar

Sep 29, 2007
    Without notification and as a stand alone DirecTV customer, my account was migrated as well. I went to log into my account yesterday and was met with the transition webpages. Afterwards, I tried logging into a few of my mobile apps such as the DirecTV app as well as HBO Go and was able to still use my existing login from the old DirecTV site, no change in username or password was required. So it appears that the only thing that has changed is my account number and the website I now see when logging in online.

8. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    They finally sent me a email verifying that my account number changed also.

I WANT MORE and compnurd like this.
  9. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    Same thing happened to me ...

But I can’t view my Directv billing.

I log into directv ... it routes me to att, it works, but it only shows my wireless account. No directv details.

I click add an account an enter my direct account number and it errors.

Can anyone that had this happen see their billing info? Perhaps it’s in a transition period but it’s annoying.

10. heidic

heidic Cool Member

Apr 21, 2009
    When they first transitioned me, last fall, nothing would work-- not my DirecTV sign-in info, not my existing AT&T sign-in info (although they said that's what I needed to use). After a few days, everything worked again. When I want to view my DirecTV info, I still go to directv.com, use my original DirecTV sign-in info, and it automatically routes me to my DirecTV page on the AT&T website. So it may just take a little while. The new page layout sucks, too, but that's a different complaint.

11. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    Is it just merging the logins , or does it combine the bills into 1?

12. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    On you wireless account check and see if you have anything on your notice tab, it may redirect you to the proper sign in.

13. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    It’s weird ... I know what you’re taking about , there was a notice there before.
    It seems my logins have been combined .... even now when I got to directv, login, it shows wireless but no TV. I’m kind of lost how my account is M.I.A. My only guess is that it’s in limbo during a transition period, but I don’t see how they can do that for over a week when your Bill is paperless ...

14. heidic

heidic Cool Member

Apr 21, 2009
    My bills are not combined. I expect a single bill would happen only if accounts are in a package deal.

15. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    So when you log in, are both services listed though ? Mine just says “my wireless”.

16. Soccernut

Soccernut AllStar

Jan 19, 2004
    For me cell and DIRECTV are different accounts and logins, the DIRECTV account has a new number but same login ID and PW as before.

17. jcwest

jcwest Legend

May 3, 2006
    When I try to open my old Directv.com it switches me to ATT.
    J C

18. StangGT909

StangGT909 Legend

Mar 9, 2007
    Yeah something is going on here. I’ve followed the tips from everyone on this thread and unless I’m doing it all wrong, my directv account is just missing ...

19. heidic

heidic Cool Member

Apr 21, 2009
    I signed into DirecTV.com just now, the first time in a few weeks. Today, the landing page was different. Instead of taking me directly to my DTV account, it presented me with 2 options: go to att.com/myatt to manage my account, or go to directv.com/entertainment to stream movies. Selecting the ATT option takes me to my DTV account info, with a link available to add another account.

Before the takeover, I had a different ATT account established for phone. If I sign in to that account, it takes me to a similar account management page, but with my phone info. It also has a link available to add another account.

So it looks like I have the ability to merge these accounts onto one page, but it hasn't happened yet. One reason may be that these two accounts were set up under two different email addresses. If it makes a difference, I started getting rerouted from DTV to ATT back in October. Also, I receive 2 different bills, one for each account. ATT has tried to entice me to combine my bills into one statement numerous times, but I have always refused.