1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DirecTV Now v 2 is finally rolling out

Discussion in 'Internet Streaming Services' started by crkeehn, May 23, 2018.

1. crkeehn

crkeehn Godfather

Apr 22, 2002
    Last week, ATT announced that they were rolling out the next generation of DirecTV Now to Apple TV and the web. This morning, both of my android devices downloaded the updated android app. I can't wait for the Roku version to go from BETA to regular.

The Cloud DVR is still listed as BETA so I guess we'll se a bit more development.

2. Jun 5, 2018 #2 of 10
    trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    I received this via email this am:

3. Jun 5, 2018 #3 of 10
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    "You can add a third stream for $5 per month."

Consider that the "extra receiver fee". :)

4. Jun 6, 2018 #4 of 10
    mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    Except its not per receiver its per account. That's one of the benefits of the pricing structure of the OTT providers like PSVue, Hulu, YTTV, DTVNow...they don't charge any per receiver fees. It's a big benefit for folks like me who have lots of TV's in the house that are used only occasionally. I used to pay D almost as much as my entire current PSVue bill just in extra fees...:D

5. Jun 6, 2018 #5 of 10
    James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    It is still a fee one must pay to get a third stream. How much is a fourth stream?

The good news is that it is not tied to a specific device. But it provides a reminder that OTT has limits.

6. Jun 6, 2018 #6 of 10
    mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    You are right. It’s one of the reasons I’m not a big fan of the DTVNow service, at least not in its current form. PSVue comes with 5 simultaneous streams and unlimited DVR storage (although it is limited to 28 days, an issue for some I’m sure) at no extra charge.

7. Jun 6, 2018 #7 of 10
    Bob G

Bob G New Member

Jun 6, 2018
    When will WOOD TV 8 Grand Rapids, MI be added live to Directv Now?

8. Jun 6, 2018 #8 of 10
    KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Whenever they sign a streaming deal with WOOD's owner Nexstar and/or Nexstar signs a streaming deal with NBC.

9. Newshawk

Newshawk Hall Of Fame

Sep 3, 2004
    Broken...
    I updated my DirecTV Now apps on my Rokus the day the update was announced. I got the improved guide, the Cloud DVR and...

Local channels from Kansas City, MO, instead of my Tulsa, OK locals! It's a good thing I have good reception with OTA antennas.

10. ozonedan

ozonedan Legend

Dec 27, 2005
    I have the same problem. Had locals with old APP. With the update I had locals from Georgia. Then they disappeared and now I have locals from Seattle!! I live in South Florida.