Directv only online accounts, If you log in to ATT portion to Manage Your Privacy Choices, Will??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by GordonGekko, Feb 26, 2019.

1. GordonGekko

GordonGekko Active Member

Dec 5, 2015
    If your Directv user account has not been migrated over to ATT.com and you want to manage the privacy opt outs that Directv/ATT offers, will your account be migrated/forced over to ATT if you sign into this portion of the website:

Single Sign On - Content

Currently that is the only way Directv is offering to opt out of viewing data info sharing.

Also what is DVR Service Tracking, it appears in your Directv.com account and if you try to disable, it reads that you can't get rid of it online. Appears at the bottom of the My Equipment section.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. Mar 3, 2019 #2 of 13
    Glenee

Glenee Cool Member

Sep 22, 2007
    I would like to hear more on this.

3. Mar 3, 2019 #3 of 13
    codespy

codespy The Pack is getting sacked!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Seasonal
    I’m still on DirecTV.com, but feel like I’m hanging on by a thread and will get switched soon. I would like to prolong from being switched as long as possible.....

4. Mar 3, 2019 #4 of 13
    Drp79

Drp79 New Member

Nov 5, 2018
    I understood the posters question. It does go to the my At&t website. If you try and check profile or anything else it will ask you to login with an At&t account (which you don’t have unless already converted).

5. Mar 4, 2019 #5 of 13
    GordonGekko

GordonGekko Active Member

Dec 5, 2015
    Yes, like Codespy I don't want to chance it but I suspected that if I tried to log in with my Directv username, it would have failed.

6. Mar 4, 2019 #6 of 13
    Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Sadly, resistance is futile.

Rich

7. Mar 4, 2019 #7 of 13
    b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Inactivity doesn't help keep you on a DirecTV account. I hadn't touched my account for more than two years when they switched me over last September.

8. Mar 4, 2019 #8 of 13
    Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    They're gonna do this to everyone. Nothing anybody can do.

Rich

9. Mar 4, 2019 #9 of 13
    b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Yes I know. That was my point.:)

10. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    All this agita with ATT. Then you read what their CEO says and everything seems to be fine. Seems like he has no clue about what's really going on. Much like the CEO we were blessed with when I was working. These guys in those positions are as bad as politicians. I think.

Rich

11. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    When Directv is 100% of your business, as it was before, and is some minority of your total business like it is now with AT&T owning it, any problems within it are less of a problem for the overall business.

They've been through transitions like this before, they probably assume in their plans there will be some problems encountered during the transition and a certain percentage of customers will leave over them. So the CEO gets reports about Directv customers complaining about the transition to an AT&T account and how many cite it as a reason for leaving - the customers thus lost are a fraction of the savings AT&T will get over running separate customer service and billing operations for Directv and the rest of AT&T, so he'll say "good job managers for the money we're saving, have a nice bonus"

12. b4pjoe

b4pjoe New Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Well yes as they own the politicians. I noticed this morning you can no longer change your DTV programming through the AT&T website. It just gives you a number to call. One way to keep people from calling up and asking for things is to make the experience so horrible no one will want to call.

13. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    They have done an outstanding job of that! Just the thought of calling upsets me.

Rich