DirecTV Programming Flaws Never Fixed

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by joshjr, Jan 7, 2019.

1. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    Its been years now and still a few flaws remain unfixed. WHY??? The first is that you can sub to DirecTV and have a Genie ONLY. No other receivers in the entire house and you are forced to pay for whole home. Thats so you can watch TV in another room wait that does not apply if its the only receiver in the house or you dont have a TV with it built in right?

The 2nd is that if you sub to the Ultimate package you get the Encore channels. If you then add Starz which also has the Enocore channels you do not get a cheaper rate on Starz even though you are already paying for the Encore channels now TWICE over. For such a big company why do they refuse to fix these issues? Are they that money hungry they have to cheat people in these situations?

I for one refuse to pay for any channel twice over on the same system and I wouldnt pay for whole home if it was not even possible. Unbelievable this is still occurring.

2. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    I personally consider the Ultimate package to be a major rip-off. Only a few extra channels and most are SD.

3. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Only subscribers that have been around a long time pay for "whole home". New subscribers pay the "advanced receiver fee" if all they have is a Genie, which you can think of as a "DVR fee" similar to what many cable companies charge if it makes you feel better.

Since Directv only charged $3 for whole home when it was broken out, it is hardly a big deal. Much worse that some people still pay a $10 HD fee, but again that's only because they have been customers for a long time and are on an older billing schedule.

4. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    I think when it went to the fee your describing it went to $5. Its not the amount of money. More paying for something you are not getting or able to use. Its flaws in the system for sure. Just because they hid the fee does not mean it should still be there. I am a huge DirecTV fan. I am still pretty happy overall with them as a provider. They definately have went down hill since AT&T purchased them but as a provider, they are still great. Cover my needs for sure. Just wish they could fix some of these stupid things like this.

5. BrendanJ

BrendanJ New Member

Dec 22, 2018
    It started as what appeared to be a new subscriber fee at one point, hr whatever, nothing else $25 Advanced receiver fee. Simplified billing blah blah. You're new $2 more.