DIRECTV Promotions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Johnnyaa, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Johnnyaa

Johnnyaa New Member

Nov 13, 2019
    I recently received a text supposedly from DirecTV offering me a deal in which I would pay a year's payment upfront for my TV/Internet/Phone package and then get 3 more years at half price plus some free movie channels. What made me suspicious is the fact that the first two times that I called I got cut off. On the third try I got somebody who transferred me to another representative who then told me that he was transferring to yet another to arrange payment. Then I got cut off again. All of these reps had East Indian accents, which I know is probably par for the course with many customer service operations, but this whole situation just struck me as questionable. Any comments would be appreciated.

2. makaiguy

makaiguy Icon

Sep 24, 2007
    Aiken, SC
    Scam. AT&T isn't giving away much of any kind of good deals any longer.

longhorn23 likes this.
  3. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    If you have to come here to ask a question like this then idk what the world is coming to (well i do but.....)

4. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    Suggest you beware of all third parties offers -- Possible ID Theft can happen very easy -- By your calling direct to AT&T D*TV at least you have a better chance of knowing JUST who is on the other end.