DirecTV Provides Customers With Free Starz!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Steve Mehs, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    DirecTV is starting off the summer season with a national retail offer that provides new DirecTV residential customers with three months of Starz! Super Pak free of charge.

Customers who purchase any DirecTV system between May 19 and Aug. 3, and subscribe to Starz! Super Pak with a one-year commitment to any Total Choice or Opcion Extra Especial programming package ($31.99/mo. or above) within 30 days of purchase, will receive three months of Starz! Super Pak compliments of DirecTV.

For more information on DirecTV and its programming offerings, visit www.directv.com. Also, visit www.starzencore.com for features on Starz! programming throughout the summer.

From SkyRetailer (Used with Permission)

2. Kenster

Kenster Legend

Apr 24, 2002
    It's not really 'free' if they require a 12 month contract before they give you three months. If they really want to drum up business they would give free time and hope that folks would get hooked and want to subscribe. IMHO.

3. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Kenster,

I think D* is requiring a commitment to stop hackers. It was easy to buy a cheap system, activate it, then deactivate it quickly and sell the cards with no penalty. This will at least require a sizeable dollar commitment to get the opportunity to sell the card. Hopefully it will deter hackers.

4. lee635

lee635 Hall Of Fame

Apr 17, 2002
    Hey Karl, I appreciate your comments and don't mean to be argumentative, but I don't understand what you mean.

I'm not sure I understand the "it deters hackers" argument. Wouldn't a hacker get all the channels without paying, so why does 3 months of Starz with a 12 month commitment deter hackers? Now if they required a 12 month commitment to activate a receiver -- that I could understand as detering hackers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.