1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv Receiver Whole Home Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by bikemanAMD, Aug 29, 2013.

1. bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD AllStar

May 1, 2011
    Hi All

Receivers drop a lot from Whole Home Connection, have a Netgear 7550 N at&t gateway, DHCP on all the connections, usually setting all receviers to default, restarting them all, then it gets the connection again, Power inserter plugged into Surge Strip next to main HD-DVR Receiver

Wouldn't mind seeing up the Recievers as Static if I can find it in the router to set that lol, but I don't know if this gateway has that or not.

Someday getting Separate Modem again, and Router with more features lol

2. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Find out what your routers DHCP range. Say it is 1 to 100. Then go to each Directv receiver and manually put in IP addresses outside the range. Such as 101, 102, 103 etc

That should set up the DVRs to static IPs.

3. bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD AllStar

May 1, 2011
    Ok will check that out, then configure the receivers outside the range, and hopefully they stay connected better, little aggravating when I goto watch something on another receiver, and can't get the playlist properly til I restart them all...Hopefully this solves that

4. peds48

peds48 Genius.

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Are you receivers connected wirelessly to the Internet?

5. sweep49

sweep49 Legend

Jul 15, 2008
    SW GA
    You can access your router by entering this link into your web browser. http://192.168.1.254/html/modeminfo.asp?showAdvance=1

There is a lot of info available there including the default DHCP range. I have 4 DTV receivers setup static as 192.168.1.248 thru 251. They must be on the same subnet mask which is 255.255.0 I think and the default gateway should be 192.1.168.1.254. You enter this info on the DTV network setup screen for each receiver.

I am telling you this off the top as I am not at home now, but I have the same router and ATT isp. If you have more questions let me know and I can help more when I am home next week. BTW the router is actually made by Westell and you can find info online using that as the search name along with the 7550 model #.

6. bikemanAMD

bikemanAMD AllStar

May 1, 2011
    Thank you, will set that up shortly, and should work well I think so far from what I read above this post...Thank you so much, do appreciate it...

CCK connected via Ethernet into Router as it was with our previous router til at&t modem died, and then at&t recommened this router as replacement or the Pace 4111N Gateway, we ended up choosing the Westell/Netgear 7550N at the time.