DirecTV remote "pausing"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jnojr, May 10, 2021.

1. jnojr

jnojr New Member

May 11, 2014
    Chandler, AZ
    Every now and then, the remote for our DVR "pauses". I'm watching something and want to pause or fast-forward. Hit that button, nothing happens. For the next couple of minutes, pressing buttons on the remote does nothing... until, suddenly, all of those button presses come back all at once. And this kept happening after I swapped remotes from another TV.

Dishdude714 likes this.
  2. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Feb 9, 2008
    If your running 0x14D5-that is a Firmware issue --what will clear it is using the remote --menu-search (TYPE) CLEARMYBOX -Then press enter --then search all --your receiver will reboot --and it will take 24 to 48 hrs for the Full guide and VOD --No recording will be lost --only effect anything your currently recording --do it after it's finished recording

3. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    We need to know the model number of that DVR. If it's a Genie the problem is probably software and an update might fix it. If it's a 24-500 you might consider swapping it out for a replacement.

Rich

ericknolls likes this.
  4. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Just a thought: When my 54 did this it seemed to clear itself. I did run CLEARMYBOX after it settled down, not sure if that helped. One of my 24-500s has begun to refuse remote commands and I have done CLEARMYBOX on that 24 with no effect. I've had this problem with the 24-500s several times and nothing I've done has helped. Always results in a replacement.

Rich

5. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    I have a Genie 2 (HS17), and I'll get this every month or so. A reboot of the HS17 tends to clean things up for me.