1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Directv States "MRV Will Be DECA Only, No Networked MRV"

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by adamson, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Well what is the story on this? Im about livid right now and thats just the short end of it.

2. dwcolvin

dwcolvin Icon

Oct 4, 2007
    If a CSR gives you an answer you don't like (or know to be not true), call back and get another CSR.

What isn't clear is if Ethernet will be allowed for just anyone who waives support, or only grandfathered for Beta participants.

3. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    That's what they told me too. They said $99 for the gear, $50 for install, and $50 because I haven't been with them a year AND my owned R15s get replaced with leased R16s. Total BS

4. say-what

say-what Active Member

Dec 14, 2006
    New Orleans
    Where did you hear this?

I'd give them time

Per the DirecTV support forums:

5. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Houston, TX
    From two csr's moments ago. Total BS and I am far from done with this.

6. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    This is day one, and obiviously there are things that have to get ironed out.

I have been told, from multiple sources that there will be a way for you use to use your ethernet.

As per the several other threads on the topic, the MAIN and PRIMARY way that MRV is being added, is via the full installation package with DECA.

To use ethernet, it is going to have to be added in a different way and that way will be available.

7. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    I am communicating and working with several individuals to find out, the EXACT steps that you need to do, in order to have MRV activate via ethernet.

Ethernet setup is the exception, not the rule.
    The CSRs were trained for the VAST population of users, that need a hardware level upgrade, service call, and the VAST majority of setup protocols.

If the information I have is correct, your MRV will still work till the 20th, so there is time to have this straightened out with minimal frustration to you.

Sorry that it didn't go smooth as silk for you.
    Once the information is available, it will be posted.

8. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Let's keep this contained to the main thread right now .. You will be able to do this .. People TODAY have been able to get MRV added. It's way too early to get angry about this as the process is just getting started.

I've stated multiple times that there will be growing pains .. Patience, Persistence and Politeness are the words of the day .. It will take you far.

Please continue here:
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=2453601#post2453601

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.