1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIRECTV USB DECA question?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by HoTat2, Mar 13, 2018.

1. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Say, does anyone have any idea why a USB DECA (DCAU1R0-01) would have an assigned IP address via DHCP on my LAN and apparently even has an embedded web utility at that address? (Don't know the user/PW login info. to actually see the web page though).

Just noticed this after an LAN scan of my home network from a Network Analyzer app and was curious is all.

I realize the DCCK-W (DCAW1R0-01) has this feature, but not a simple USB DECA.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

2. hancox

hancox Godfather

Jun 23, 2004
    I'm confused by the question...

Why wouldn't a network client get an IP from your router? That's all a DECA is, really...

Keep in mind that DECAs absolutely need to be able to be on your LAN - best case in point is RVU. An RVU TV will possibly *only* have a DECA connection to the internet (via the Genie or one of the other DirecTV bridges).

3. WestDC

WestDC Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2008
    First that's NOT a USB DECA - It's a LAN DECA and it has a web address for the reason to talk to any other Directv receivers so as to share internet content and Display Wholehome content over a RG6 Network.

It can also be use to connect to your LAN/Switch standalone to get all internet traffic to a rg6 network